World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Sully Island recently? I live nearby and was thinking about fishing it low tide on Saturday. Over recent weekends there seem to have been loads of people on there every day.

I fished the bay opposite (Swanbridge Bay) over high tide last Sunday, but blanked. I used mackrel and rag tipped with squid, but not even a bite. There were about 6 other fishermen there, and I didn't see anyone catch anything. I usually catch a pouting or two from there.

Any other recommendations on where to fish this weekend near Cardiff??

Cheers,

Bud

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi matey red eye n myself fished the white lighthouse couple of days ago had a little conger and a few bites not a lot being caught around this way, better off going west

·
Registered
472 Posts
Fished there Thursday on the low tide from the monkey pole.
Not a bite but I did notice a few mullet circling my float.

We did notice some gill nets laid from Swanbridge Bay to the island on our return across the causeway though.
So maybe that the reason for the poor fishing there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Has anyone fished Sulley Island at high tide?

I know this would have to be an all day excursion or camping trip due to the tides
but would the effort be worth it..
What does the venue fish like??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty new to fishing, but I take it that the gill nets are illegal??

I fished Swanbridge Bay on Saturday and caught a couple of pound codling. I had another big knock but whatever it was took the bait and hook.

In the afternoon I fished from St Mary's Well bay from the beach to the sandspit. There were loads of fish jumping and circling my bait, but they didn't seem interested in taking it. Anyone know what they were likely to be?? Mullet perhaps? They were coming in to within a foot of the shore, in 6 inches of water.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
He wanted to I expect, but wait for it.........we went out boatfishing sunday and he bust one of his his reels as well :eek:

nothing to do with me though....more to do with a large conger :p

On the subject of St Mary well sandspit and Sully we went done there for a look a few weeks ago liked the look of the spit especially but aint tried it yet

G

·
Barrelreef said:
He wanted to I expect, but wait for it.........we went out boatfishing sunday and he bust one of his his reels as well :eek:

nothing to do with me though....more to do with a large conger :p

On the subject of St Mary well sandspit and Sully we went done there for a look a few weeks ago liked the look of the spit especially but aint tried it yet
Fished the spit once, the only message I have for is to travel light and be aware that once the tide starts coming in, be prepared to move FAST.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts