World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is n e 1 fishing sullyisland on low water recently, as i was wondering n e codling showing. Or just grateful for n e catch reports for the island. By the way this is my first visit 2 the site and its very helpful, hope 2 post some results about my own trips keep up the good work guys and tightlines to all this winter.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello poacher thanks for the welcome. Dont fish sully as much as i,d like 2 due 2 no transport so i stick 2 penarth as its walking distance from home. Now and then i jump on the bus ok going there, but i do smell a bit on the way home lol. Normally go on my own so its a bit of a put off because of the dangers. N e way it would b nice to hear wats happening to see if its worth the risky visit .

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
its a bummer with no car. bet the passengers on the bus start thinking when u get on. i fish the ranny a lot, although i am from caerphilly, but the foreshore in cardiff a lot in winter, i used 2 live in barry, and work in and around the vale, the boys tend to get each others e.mail addresses for a chat, i will e.mail u mine shortly, they r a great bunch of guys on this site, so if u ever got somthing 2 say or ask, just do it, cos we all like to learn from each others questions, if we dont no the answers to them ourselves, somebody else will, then we no the answers then, and we r all twice as clever as we were b4, heehee. e.mail u shortly m8..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi lunker welcom/ I myself have not fished it for a while, but my friends have there has been a few codling, whiting, po uting and small conger coming off there, Iwill be fishing it with a couple of the lads in a few weeks. Please let me know how you got off .
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi lunker, welcome to the site m8, im sure you will get lots of valuable infofrom here as i have.....tight lines ....TAFFY.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome lunker,
fished the sandsplit this summer, wasn't bad.
Been thinking about givin sully a go, but was wondering if it was fishable in high tide?
JD

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello john i wouldnt fish actually on the island on high due 2 the strong flow of the tide be lucky 2 hold bottom, and very tackle hungry. Its worth trying 2 the east of the islsnd towards ST MARYSWELL BAY, or even west towards sully hospital dont 4 get 2 rotten bottom. personally i would fish the back of the highest point of the island its a bit of a climb down though u get about 4 hrs on there to be sure u DONT GET STUCK on there. what ever u do please let us know whats doin. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.