World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun's been out for a week or so and I'm already thinking about mullet, mackerel, gars and bass. Itching to get out the floats and spinners. I know there's been a few bass taken pretty much all winter but what about the others? Any catches or sightings? I'm in Shoreham and look optimistically in the river everytime I cross the Adur footbridge but the water's still a bit murky so who knows if there's any grey ghosts making their way in yet.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
hi mate,

as you say bass have been caught all winter, (not in huge numbers though..)

bally and myself are fishing shoreham saturday night if your free..

Jamie

·
Registered
422 Posts
hi,i had an early morning session spinning along the adur on saturday,was a dead loss to be honest tho i did see a few rings after hearing a fishy sounding splash around the cuckoo corner area.was a lovely morning tho!to be honest i wouldnt get your hopes up just yet,weather is predicted to take a nasty turn on sunday,snow forecast sunday night,mon,possibly thru to wednesday so winter not quite finished yet!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Fished on the boat on the Middle Grounds at Selsey today. Saw dolphins on the way there. Caught one common smoothound on squid at 7lb, two bass at 3 and 6lb, six plaice (four of which were over 2lb) and a 17lb blonde ray.

Looks like summer is here BUT they are forecasting heavy snow for this region on sunday/monday - what is going on!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Theres been heaps of Bass all winter but nothing of any great size.
It wont be long before the larger Bass and the mullet start to show.
And the smuts,and the Bream:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was fishing the bridge last night spinning between the boats was down there for a couple of hours but didn't catch - up for trying again tho

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
friend of mine had a smoothy 2miles off selsey at the weekend and one of the local nets-man caught a couple of bream last weekend..:icecream: even with a bit of wet snow forecast these signs wont stop me globals getting warmed up nicely

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Fished on the boat on the Middle Grounds at Selsey today. Saw dolphins on the way there. Caught one common smoothound on squid at 7lb, two bass at 3 and 6lb, six plaice (four of which were over 2lb) and a 17lb blonde ray.

Looks like summer is here BUT they are forecasting heavy snow for this region on sunday/monday - what is going on!!
That was a good session!

Snow? Not sure what forecast you been looking at but we won't get it down here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He he, glad to see I'm not the only one who gets over optimistic at the first sign of spring. Every year I go mulleting too early, blank then try to remind myself not to get my hopes up until late May. This year really seems different though, sea temp (according to http://www.shorehamweather.info/boarders.html ) is already 9.4 degrees. My suspicion is the water never got as cold over winter as previously so will be warmer earlier; any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi,i had an early morning session spinning along the adur on saturday,was a dead loss to be honest tho i did see a few rings after hearing a fishy sounding splash around the cuckoo corner area.was a lovely morning tho!to be honest i wouldnt get your hopes up just yet,weather is predicted to take a nasty turn on sunday,snow forecast sunday night,mon,possibly thru to wednesday so winter not quite finished yet!

how exactly where you fishing for the gray ghost. and what spinner where you using.
and where abouts where you fishing at cockoo corner.

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
hi yes its really is weird the sea temp according to a couple of regular swimmers down on the beach this morning has been warm in there words all winter obviously not like a bath but they said its the warmest sea conditions they have swam in in winter ever so andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts