World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the summer looking like its on its way(prob snow next week.lol) Thot i would ask what everyones favourite summer venues and target species are.I'll probably spend most of the summer chasing that elusive sea bass with TAYSIDER as thats all he keeps going on about at the moment:secret: .lol.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I want to fish Elliot beach this year and try to hook my first turbot.
Would also like to catch a ling, so will be using more fish baits this year. Come to think of it ,is a ling a summer fish or do they prefer the colder weather, or just all year round fish?.

·
Registered
86 Posts
With the summer looking like its on its way(prob snow next week.lol) Thot i would ask what everyones favourite summer venues and target species are.I'll probably spend most of the summer chasing that elusive sea bass with TAYSIDER as thats all he keeps going on about at the moment:secret: .lol.
Lol ......... You boys will probably spend more than the rest of the summer chasing Bass, just like the rest of us. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I want to fish Elliot beach this year and try to hook my first turbot.
Would also like to catch a ling, so will be using more fish baits this year. Come to think of it ,is a ling a summer fish or do they prefer the colder weather, or just all year round fish?.
Can only speak from my own experience. My shore Ling have been caught between March and May mostly. Always in rough windy weather, like in yer face that hard yer mates are in the car laughing at you thinking your an eejit ............ til you catch of course.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
catch ling at ethie mains

this year im going for
tope
decent size congar
thornback ray
and poss bull huss
never though of catchin bass caught plenty of them at islesofwight {east cows}

tomorrow im going out to hound point with me two new rods i got

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once i get my wheels back mate we will be able to venture a bit further than at the mo.(someone stole my fishing vehicle:uhuh:) Should hear something this week mate then the coast is our oyster lol.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
for me its luce bay tope ,:notworthy then luce bay for tope :notworthy :notworthy , after thats its luce bay for tope :notworthy :clap2: :clap2: an if the tope aint playin then i,ll settle for bass on surface poppers :clap2:

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
i shall be headin of on the wsf trip for the tope hope i get a decent fight...........got a cd ready with the jaws sound ...heheh

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
for me its luce bay tope ,:notworthy then luce bay for tope :notworthy :notworthy , after thats its luce bay for tope :notworthy :clap2 :clap2:
Same for me :) :) Tope and Huss, A cannae wait!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Not too sure about ling. Only had 1 from the shore that i can remember, 4lb, not far from where Stores caught his:secret:. That was back in september last year, cracking fight, better than a cod of the same weight (well this one was).

It will be the usual red cod, wrasse and pollack for me this year. Only i'll try and move around a bit more try some new marks and some old favourites from years ago. Got some braid on the spinner so im itching to see how these pollack really feel.

Would like to try for a turbot or a plaice later in the year and maybe a bass if im lucky.

Also like to try for these spurs, but im sure i'll get lost in amongst the cod and pollack and i'll miss out.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Let me know if there is room for a littleun... I could do with some easy fishing ;)
always room for a littleun :notworthy its on the agenda in august !!but a wee session in june aswell :secret: :secret:

·
Registered
18 Posts
our summer fishing will be tayport and riverside for sea trout elliot beach for the elusive sea bass lol and maybe a few trips to the rocks for pollock....

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
our summer fishing will be tayport and riverside for sea trout elliot beach for the elusive sea bass lol and maybe a few trips to the rocks for pollock....
well for tayport/riverside for trout you'll be lucky to catch 1 for the enitre summer

1 - 20 of 31 Posts