World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the misses asking for a none fishing day Sunday I decided to take her for a nice walk looking at some new fishing marks... Don't tell me I don't know how to treat a lady ;)

After a bit of looking finally found summer house point and walked for about a mile or so along the boulder strewn beach.

How far along the beach from summer house point is stout? And what kind of tides should I be looking at for summer house point. Any info would be great thanks.

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Stout is the next point you can see in the distance on the first pic.....its a difficult walk.

Reactions: codcrazy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stout is the next point you can see in the distance on the first pic.....its a difficult walk.
Cheers richy.. It sure is a tough walk. And can only get worse with a box full of leads, baits and coffee.. May be forced to leave the coffee at home :)
Still looks like a very interesting place to fish

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Summerhouse is a great spot year round. I've fished it on small neaps, big springs and any tide in between, always produces. Fish it for 4 hours around low. If you have any frozen crab you get a spring codling run here, March/April. Smoothies and bass from May.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Summerhouse is a great spot year round. I've fished it on small neaps, big springs and any tide in between, always produces. Fish it for 4 hours around low. If you have any frozen crab you get a spring codling run here, March/April. Smoothies and bass from May.
Top man cheers for the info.. Gonna be giving it a go in the next couple of days.. Time to start making some leads I think.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You'll need plenty can be very lead hungry, RB's a must, when I really fished it large I used a clip like the carp boys use that drops the lead on the strike.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought it may be a bit hungry after walking along there. That's not a bad idea with the clip mate sure I've got a pack in my carping gear somewhere. Been trying to work out the pin and foam meathod. Was shown it once but for the life of me I can't remember how it works.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi cod crazy from where your picture is taken I think you would say that mark is Boverton, summerhouse point is back where you first go onto the beach. There are sandy patches among the rough if you are loosing a lot of leads move 15-20m to your left or right. I've seen people loose loads of rigs but if you find the mixed ground you can get away with just loosing a few leads, also its a mark that fishes well for rays. You can fish it 3 down about 2 and a half up when the tide ebbs you will see flat rock ledges towards summerhouse point, hope this helps you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi cod crazy from where your picture is taken I think you would say that mark is Boverton, summerhouse point is back where you first go onto the beach. There are sandy patches among the rough if you are loosing a lot of leads move 15-20m to your left or right. I've seen people loose loads of rigs but if you find the mixed ground you can get away with just loosing a few leads, also its a mark that fishes well for rays. You can fish it 3 down about 2 and a half up when the tide ebbs you will see flat rock ledges towards summerhouse point, hope this helps you.
Thanks mate I found summer house point with no trouble. I seen the flat ledges while wandering back to the car. it's just all the other spots along that stretch that was causing a bit of confusion. I though boverton was more llantwit major side good to know that there's a few mixed patches along there tho. Thanks for the info appreciated greatly

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Agree with Rich mate the walk to Stout from there is "Difficult" lol done once or twice with waders, box full of lead, and rods.

Length of the walk isn't bad but add the distance with the boulders all the way there and it's a killer on the legs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree with Rich mate the walk to Stout from there is "Difficult" lol done once or twice with waders, box full of lead, and rods.

Length of the walk isn't bad but add the distance with the boulders all the way there and it's a killer on the legs.
It's gonna be a test with gear that's for sure. No pain no gain tho.. Copious amounts of caffeine will be consumed I'm sure. May hand to invest in a lightweight set of waders as the snowbee ones that I have now are far from walking friendly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.