World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to one of my favourite marks today as there was little wind and the sun was beaming. Took a pan and cooked some burgers on a driftwood fire. Felt like a real nice summers day too.

Took some freshly dug lug, as usual. Took my 2 spinning rods as i thought there would be a few schoolies or a possible flatty to play around with...but I was wrong. No...I didnt blank, for once! :unsure:

Rigged up with a 1.5 oz running ledger on the spinning rods, baited the lug on the hook and whacked it out. 1 in, 1 out. Wasnt long before a schoolie was indicating a bite, struck into it...and had a healthy schoolie. This continued for a while with a fish every 15 mins. Schoolies, but still good fun on light tackle!!!
It wasnt untill the after the 6th schoolie that a moster of a bite almost took the rods over....ran down from the fire, knowing I was into a damn fine fish....struck the rod and wow.....it certainly was a good fighter. Was totaly convinced it was a good bass untill i managed to get it up to my feet......and guess what?? It was me old mate Mr. Gilt:) , he must have travelled all the way up from the med!! As I dont take many fish home for the plate, I decided this one, especially the first of the year, was to come home to the oven. I quickly dispatched the fish with some driftwood, then continued to unhook its bottom lip. The fish wasnt a monster but at one and three quarter pounds...it was good enogh for me.

At this point, I was pretty much......over the moon....high-fiveing the air!!!:clap2:

Baited the rods up again, chucked them out.....bang...bang!! Fish on......started reeling...and yes....another.

And another

And another

Then another schoolie.

Packed up, full of smiles...headed back to the car.....home to the cold beers in the fridge, as a reward!!

What a days fishing, final score was "Schoolies 6 ---> Mr. Gilt 4 (biggest 2 3/4)"
All other fish were safely put back.

I was suprised to see them this early in the year? Am I wrong?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Nice one matey i was told they don't show till early may, think i'll head down on the next set of springs!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Went to one of my favourite marks today as there was little wind and the sun was beaming. Took a pan and cooked some burgers on a driftwood fire. Felt like a real nice summers day too.

Took some freshly dug lug, as usual. Took my 2 spinning rods as i thought there would be a few schoolies or a possible flatty to play around with...but I was wrong. No...I didnt blank, for once! :unsure:

Rigged up with a 1.5 oz running ledger on the spinning rods, baited the lug on the hook and whacked it out. 1 in, 1 out. Wasnt long before a schoolie was indicating a bite, struck into it...and had a healthy schoolie. This continued for a while with a fish every 15 mins. Schoolies, but still good fun on light tackle!!!
It wasnt untill the after the 6th schoolie that a moster of a bite almost took the rods over....ran down from the fire, knowing I was into a damn fine fish....struck the rod and wow.....it certainly was a good fighter. Was totaly convinced it was a good bass untill i managed to get it up to my feet......and guess what?? It was me old mate Mr. Gilt:) , he must have travelled all the way up from the med!! As I dont take many fish home for the plate, I decided this one, especially the first of the year, was to come home to the oven. I quickly dispatched the fish with some driftwood, then continued to unhook its bottom lip. The fish wasnt a monster but at one and three quarter pounds...it was good enogh for me.

At this point, I was pretty much......over the moon....high-fiveing the air!!!:clap2:

Baited the rods up again, chucked them out.....bang...bang!! Fish on......started reeling...and yes....another.

And another

And another

Then another schoolie.

Packed up, full of smiles...headed back to the car.....home to the cold beers in the fridge, as a reward!!

What a days fishing, final score was "Schoolies 6 ---> Mr. Gilt 4 (biggest 2 3/4)"
All other fish were safely put back.

I was suprised to see them this early in the year? Am I wrong?
well done,

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice one mate, even if you dint catch anything just cooking burgers on driftwood sounds cool.:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts