World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather changed & I just KNEW it would kick off tonight! Had 7 bass, missing an equal number of bites. Best in the 3 to 4lb bracket, with a lot of the fish landed & biters being schoolies, but on light gear that was much fun!

Bait was peelers & softies; time was the early flood coinciding with the period up to dusk; rig was a single 4/0 Aberdeen on a running leger involving 20lb Amnesia (clear) about 0.5m in length; long casting hit the better fish; one fish kept for munching, the rest back to the briny

Not going to give the exact mark on open forum, obviously, but the details above should give the canny angler an idea! Just think of "Cardigan Bay Coast" and "places where crabs peel". There are a lot of marks that ought to do the honours now, if tonight has been anything to go by :) - PM me if visiting the area and, essential, I know you from this forum!

Oddly, the one bass I kept, just gutted, was crammed full of hardback crabs - not a peeler amongst them!!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
:clap:sounds like you had a nice evening mate, well done.:clap:

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am out for them this weekend to my :secret: mark did those last ones i had made they way up to you then john he he tight lines
Must have done I reckon, although it felt like one of those tides when you couldn't go wrong - perfect tide, perfect weather and perfect bait. Beats desperate long-casting for little dabs in a flat calm, that's for sure LOL!

Hope you make contact with a few - make sure you have a few peelers in your bucket!

Cheers - John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts