World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to Sunart for an overnight trip on Monday. Weather was great, like summer. Arrived at our mark mid afternoon. Spotted a sea eagle soaring overhead fantastic sight. Couple of otters splashing about, provided a bit of competition for the fish. Anyway after setting up the tent we got the rods out. First bite about 5 o'clock was a wee doggie. The doggies continued steadily all night best being 2lb10oz. Doggies were all we got that night but they were constant and a couple of double shots helped put a bend in the rod. They didn't seem fussed what bait we used sandeel, mackie and baby squid all accounting for fish.
The next day on the way back down the road had a shot under the Leven bridge for an eel. Ground was snaggy and lost a couple of leads, just as I'm getting ready to pack up my rod lurches from the tripod and line starts flying off my reel! Never seen my reel empty so quick Was it the fish of a lifetime? Sadly not.......... just some tw*t in a zodiac bombing past 15 yards from the shore. Wouldn't imagine my wire trace did his engine much good.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Good To Hear That Yous Got Some Fish . Thank Goodness For Dogfish , They Have Saved Many A Blank , Many A Day.

Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts