World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first time at doing these sort of posts so please bear with me and don't expect to get too excited!!!

Sunday morning saw me and my GF's little boy head off down to sunny Dover for a nice relaxing days fishing. We hit the road at 10am with high tide around 2pm and was immediately greeted upon our arrival with the boys in blue nicking some immigrants, in their car and lifes belongings, right outside the bait shop opposite the POW car park. Good start I thought.

After picking up the lug and squid we headed for the 40 mile walk (well that's what it felt like) along the wall and propped up just past the old hover ferry gate. Using a 2 hook flapper with a 1 hook trace the day started off not too bad with a few bites here and there but with my lack of fishing skills ended up with no Zero fish and that seemed to be the trend for the morning for others also. Once high tide had been and gone there was still no fish for either of us until my girlfriends little lad caught his first mackerel….big thanks to the Scottish bloke next to him giving the kid some great tips on Mackie bashing!!! The guys next on the right to me ,fishing for the first time, pulled out a nice 13 inch Bass and that was pretty much it for the day. Something was telling me that I should have been over on the Addy as they were all over that pier like fat kids on a cup cake.

All in all no fish for yours truly and just the 1 Mackie for the little one. As I'm recently 'self taught' at this game it could have been just my technique so please don't let this report put you off.

Cheers.

Kingey.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice report mate, im sure it was just fishing bad if those around you were having no luck. Well done to the little guy on the mackerel and well done to you for getting the family out on a fishing trip. If at first you dont succeed............:thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.