World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all - weather looks good for a trip out to the Mulberry on Sunday. Early morning tide - anyone fancy joining us ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya matey - I am going down tomorrow to check out parking / launching. I have never fished there so have no idea what there is to be caught .... Will post tomorrow re launching point and time we are setiing off ...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Can't do Sunday this week Dan, looking after littlu'n while the Mrs does an airport run.
I'd be interested in what you find out about launching there though.
I'm free all the week, so I might give it a go.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hiya matey - I am going down tomorrow to check out parking / launching. I have never fished there so have no idea what there is to be caught .... Will post tomorrow re launching point and time we are setiing off ...
Best to fish 2.5 hours before High water till 2.5 hours after as the tide goes out a long way and trying to drag your yak back through the thick mud is a nightmare .trolling lures along the side of the mullberry can be quite productive they need to get very close though .Anchoring should produce flatties and eels poss odd bass to i park infront of the block of flats right on the front and launch were the sea wall ends by a little shelter hope this helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Had a go down at Hythe today (sunday), just after high tide in the morning. Weather was great and the sea was calm. Lots of small shoals of mackerel around very close to the shore and the beach anglers in front of the hotel seemed to be doing ok. Did not want any more bad feelings from the shore anglers, so i kept well clear. Any way i paddled up and down for around 5 hours without a bite. Met up with a few of the local kayakers and had a chat for a while. No fish but it was nice to see that the mackerel are showing up at last

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished the Mullberry - ziltch, nothing, nada !! Maybe baits were a bit big - were only fishing whole squid and large mackerel fillets on 5/0 and 6/0's. Will deffo be trying againg and will be taking some lug next time. Thanks for the info Loz - sorry I did not read it before we went so Simon will be giving you a grilling tomorrow !!!!
Better luck next time eigh .....:fishing1:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
At least you got out on the briny Dan.
As for no fish, it's not the size of bait etc, it's no fish. Not just Kent either, poor fishing reported all around the coast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts