World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted: August 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Well it was programmed as the Lure comp but a call from a contact with accurate numbers for a couple of new marks had a secondary plan on the cards.

With Dan having a day at Thorpe park on offer, Will Alun J and Craig were the crew and were willing to see what could be sneaked off teh wrecks with lures.

0630 gather at the Club while I take some excercise with the oars and collect the boat, as usual I think we were first away and heading SE.

a stop for bait had us all getting mackeral, but drifts over the wreck with lures and feathers proved pointless.

So onwards to wreck two again more macs but no other species.

As the tide eased to hook went down, mackeral flappers were sent down and after the usual 15 mins the first eels started, a couple of small ones then I had one of 34lb, before Craig who had never caught an eel was into a good fish.

He took his time and soon had an eel alongside the boat, it was scooped into the long net and bought onboard to be weighed.

Craig did not seem too keen to have the fish on teh boat and even less so when we told him to pick it up for a picture, so we took one on the deck

Once Craig and the fish had calmed down he picked it up without any fuss, what a great fish for his first ever 40lb and 100% specimen

We all carried on catching eels until the increased wind swung us off the wreck just enough to stop the eels and start the tope feeding.

After a wonderful lunch, smoked Mackeral starters then curry and rice.
We spent the middle part of the tide with constant bites and a stream of fish to low 20 lb size. Another PB for Craig.

when the fllod tide started we moved around to re-anchor, not a problem and we sat just uptide of the rust until the increasing swell bounced the anchor out, three or four attempts to get it to stick failed so eventually we left for home.

No doubt we will be back on a gentler day to have another go.

Thanks Guys for your company, excellent food and great banter.
We must do it again

Sorry Alun for your lowest ever specimen hunt score

Charlie

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys

I do not know how to embed images on this site

If someone could give me clues please

They fhave been reduced in size and placed on a gallery, but how do I add them?

Cheers Charlie

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi guys

I do not know how to embed images on this site

If someone could give me clues please

They fhave been reduced in size and placed on a gallery, but how do I add them?

Cheers Charlie
Charlie

Its the same as our site, click on the postcard/mountain range link above then paste in the address of the photo you want to add. Same rules as our site re sizing etc

Martin

·
Registered
92 Posts
well done on another gd day charlie . hoping to get out friday night for a sole trip

·
Registered
828 Posts
Great report Charlie and another great trip it was to rough for my boat to venture out that far
cheers Nigel

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try that thanks Martin

Here should be Craig playing his first ever conger
and doing a good job of it he was too

and this one after we talked him through the best way of cuddling it for a picture

Fair play Craig , when I caught the first one he did not even want to stay in the cockpit with it when it started to come out of the net :)

Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts