World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few of us taking a trip up the coast to dunwich & Aldeburgh way this sunday.

Never fished from there, can anyone recommend wheres best, whats around this time of year ??

·
Registered
133 Posts
After last weeks success at Felixstowe, I'd think there's a good chance there still some fish around although the bright conditions may not help

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Was a lot of weed at Aldeburgh last Saturday evening, but should have passed now. Either should be ok but agree with the bright weather. Dunwich would be quieter on a bank holiday weekend though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I was you I wouldn't even dream of going anywhere near Aldburgh this weekend as during a bank holiday and with the weather forecast as it stands you won't even be able to park let alone fish in peace. You will be amazed how full a little town like Aldburgh can beocome last time I was there on a bank holiday there were over 80 people queing outside the fish and chip shop !! Head away from the tourist areas a bit further South is a good idea.
Have a look on www.leader-lines.com for the most up to date catch reports on the east coast and as much advice from top anglers as you would ever need. There have been cod caught but not sure about in these conditions to be honest. Good luck if you go and please post a report on leader lines if you do to help others in the same position.
:uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
As bassed hard says, there are a few coming out, a couple of decent 5-6lbers the last week, but it's not setting the world on fire. Aldeburgh is a definite no no unless you are planning on getting there before about 0900 and are going to stay until late (80 people outside the chippie? Quiet day for them :)).

I'd go a bit further north up to Benacre/Kessingland way, you may have more chance of an early bass there too. Whatever you do I'd give it a night session as the sea is flat here and with the big ball of fire in the sky showing I think day is going to be useless (unless you want a tan!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts