World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Been off line for a while, computer at home was jiggered. Have been trying to catch up on the recent threads. Another trip north of the border I see Paul, nice one!
I have got my playing out pass sorted for Sunday. I intend an early start about 06.00 till 14.00, that should get me there for low water and then fish it back up to high, or there abouts. I have tied a few long and low rigs to try out and to be honest will probably end up at s/shields pier but I would really appreciate a heads up if there are any medium range marks showing promise at the moment.(PM if you would rather keep it quiet !!! )
(As usual, transport available in exchange for local knowledge, no mad axemen please lol )
Cheers,
Pete.

F

·
0 Posts
Placie on Roker been getting caught for around six weeks, fish any any size tide and state but you get the bigger plaice fishing it down. Boulmer worm seems to be the best bait or fresh luggy. The placie have showed on roker to 2lbs but the bigger ones normally come in just as the first shoals of mackeral head inshore.
Also luggy tipped with sandeels prove successful on roker. FLounders like the old favourite of ragworm tipped with a small piece of mackeral. Lately coalies and launce have fallen to spinning tactics, and plaice have fallen to worm baits and again preferably lugworm.
Hope this information helps:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help Lads, it's very much appreciated.
Whitingcatcher, I will have a butchers at the map mate, never fished Roker so might just give it a go.
Bill, Paul Thanks for the info on Shields, due all the help I am slowly but surely getting to grips with the pier and it's very rare that I totally blank off there (errrrm, said it now !!! )
Think I will choose between Shields and roker or at a push may be north end of Cambois if owts happening up there.
what ever happens I will post to say how I got on.
Oh and Coddy, been reading a few of your posts and replies, you are one sarcastic but funny fu**er, keep it up its good reading !!
cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul,
According to the bbc weather site, the wind for sunday is 6mph s/westerly, Just went on to site typed in south shields and it threw up a 5 day forecast. Is that just Boll*x ?? which site do you lads use for good weather/wind/tide predictions ?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for those Paul, much better, more detail etc, it clearly shows the wind swinging round from S/W to E early sunday morning.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you say shortly, when do mean ?? read J.V's recent thread, its looks cracking there but wouldnt fancy that spot on my own.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts