World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you recommend some polarised sunglasses for around £20. Will be used for all types of fishing, but mainly when shore fishing from rocks during the day.

Not too bothered about looks so long as they aren't minging and perform well.

Cheers

·
Registered
798 Posts
boots as said b4 but aldi do them for £3.99 and thay are as good as ny £45 ones have a look

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
liking the look of the exage glasses - anyone who has them got an opinion?

the other ones I've seen are Polaroid (brand) glasses on tacklediscounts for £15 - any good?

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
boots as said b4 but aldi do them for £3.99 and thay are as good as ny £45 ones have a look
I had a couple of pairs from aldi, and when you look into the sea you get a strange shimmering effect on the water (in all light conditions), whereas my rapalas still have very slight shimmering when the sun is shining on the water, but are great when the light is fading or if its cloudy,,, Marc..:punk:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
the other ones I've seen are Polaroid (brand) glasses on tacklediscounts for £15 - any good?
I have the brown one's for the price you wont go wrong it maybee my eyes but i have had a look through a couple of pairs of mj.s and cant see any difference
the shimering effect that Marc mentions also happens with a pair of x/loops i had fine for driving or walking arround in but gave me headaches when fishing

Buy the poloroid one's dai

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else got an opinion - was toying with buying some maui jims but don't know if i can justify it

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
Lidl were doing wrap around polaroids at £2.99:1a:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
liking the look of the exage glasses - anyone who has them got an opinion?

i bought some shimano last year and they are sh1t... polorizing isnt very good and they just dont feel right, watch out at tesco cause they will be on offer soon i bet, i got some polorised brown lens pilot type for £12 and they are brill

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,056 Posts
For me I would go out and get some Maui Jims or Costa Del Mars.
You only have one pair of eyes and I wouldn't risk them for anything,also top quality 'fish spotting' shades like the above will last etc.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got my shimano ones in the post today from argos' clearance page on "that auction site"

£11 posted, seem really nice quality BUT the frames are a rather non-cool shade of green, brilliant for fishing/shooting etc but you'll look a bit weird around town with them on - shame they weren't dark grey or tortoiseshell.

Ah well you can't have everything, great quality though and definitely recommended.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Could you recommend some polarised sunglasses for around £20. Will be used for all types of fishing, but mainly when shore fishing from rocks during the day.

Not too bothered about looks so long as they aren't minging and perform well.

Cheers
Try argos mate. There £10 a set. I always go through a few sets a year cos i always forget to take them out my ruck sack before i wash it or scratch them some how :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts