World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been to dungie in a few months so though we would try some flatty bashing on the smaller tide. eyes half open we got down for about 6am, really calm and clear with nobody else about. Unfortunatley the tide was running pretty hard and we had no fixed grippers so we had a bit of a beach comb to pass the time and found what was once a gannet i think. It occured it would probably have been more productive further up towards the lifeboat station but we had already pitched in and didn't want to move.

The gulls were certainly enjoying the warmer water by the looks of things!

When things started to settle down we got the rods out but it looked like we would only be getting into those plump little rocklings all day, grand total of these was about 20 with not a single other fish coming in on a whole variety of baits

At some point this thing washed up, i guessed it was a herring but seems very thin and long?? either way it got cut up and sent back out on our hooks.

After being out for about 7 hours we called it a day and headed home, not disappointing as it was just nice to get out. also managed to plonk the gopro on the pebbles and get a nice time lapse video of the sun coming up over the mornings clouds. looks like i might get one more winter fish in before starting to change up tactics for something else.

[video=youtube_share;VFX1MLjyix4]http://youtu.be/VFX1MLjyix4[/video]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fished by the boats yesterday from about 6.30 am - early start with the long drive from Essex!
It really was a beautiful sunny winters day and out of the wind, by the boats.
Unfortunately there were even more fat rockling there and I ended up with about 40 or so - one or two virtually every single cast, I also had 2 dogggies on one cast, 4 pins and a reasonable flounder

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one snag that i just managed to get loose but there was a big smashed up lobster pot up the beach so there might well be others out there. kinda wished we had gone round to the boats as it was either the sun in your eyes or the in in you face

1 - 5 of 5 Posts