World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the recent tread about Findlater castle and Sunnyside beach I decided to have a go at the beach and arrived just at the end of the ebb.Fished for about 5 hours of the flood for 4 flounder and 1 turbot, none of any real size the turbot and the biggest flounder were each around the 3/4 lb mark, baits were lug, mackeral strip and fresh sandeel kindly dug up by my dog :) Apart from the largest flounder all the fish were caught within 30 yds.

As can be seen it was a beautiful day and I waited for it to cool down a bit before making the long walk back up to the car ( its a good idea to travel light going here ).

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
very nice weather,good looking beach to.

p.s where's sunnyside beach.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice report Millser. it is a nice little beach that. Hoping to have a little get together down there maybe end of next month when people are back onshore and recovered from injuries.
Neal
The Skink
P.S.
How many would you say could comfortably fish Sunnyside?

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Long before I got back into fishing I "found" this beach when out for a drive with my mrs - headed up to Findlater Castle and saw the sign.

Quite fancy it now for a fish soon. Nice one Ian.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well done, I'm glad you caught. Sorry that I couldnt quite place you when we talked. Once I got back to the car park and saw the focus with the scotland badge on the back I knew it was you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts