World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a cracking rod !
Light, responsive with plenty of power......If this rod was a car it would have a Type R badge on it :thumbs:

Took delivery of a Super Mix 270 from Padge and set about dancing an Xlayer to the tune of the little red rod on its first outing on the Wexford coast.

This little fella found the combination irresistible :

Attachments

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,979 Posts
Me wants the Supermix 240 next.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
:cry::cry::cry: Any redrod will do me,, i'll have to start saving again now,, CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED, cos i want a fireblood to go with it,,

Well done on the rod christening Danny!!!:victory:

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
:cry::cry::cry: Any redrod will do me,, i'll have to start saving again now,, CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED, cos i want a fireblood to go with it,,

Well done on the rod christening Danny!!!:victory:
sending you a pm matey ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Super Mix, Super Mix, Super Mix,
Why not try the Rod Bar 240 or even the Rod Bar 210 it’s a thing of beauty just christened mine this morning.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::

May have to sell my Super Mix 240 for a Rod Bar 240!!!!!!!:happy:
Mick will be happy!!!!!:doh:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice fish there mate, i couldnt decide on which to get the bar 270 or mix 270, so i have both now and both cracking rods.

Well and truely broken in now 48 and counting.

The softer tip is sometimes a winner when choosing which one to use on given days.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Super Mix, Super Mix, Super Mix,
Why not try the Rod Bar 240 or even the Rod Bar 210 it’s a thing of beauty just christened mine this morning.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::

May have to sell my Super Mix 240 for a Rod Bar 240!!!!!!!:happy:
Mick will be happy!!!!!:doh:
out of interest - why the BAR over the supermix ? (just asking as I own 2 BAR 270s at the moment & am thinking about a spupermix 240)

ta

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spitfire
For me its all about the feel and control. I personally find the rod bar is stiffer it gives more control over the lure (hard plastic) i don't find the Super Mix gives me that control. Although everyone say's the Supermix is great with soft plastic i still find the Bar the best even the 210 which i will now use in preference over the Supermix after one session on the shore and one on the boat. The action seams to suit my casting and the Bar 270 was my first Red Rod.
Life is so complicated :wallbash:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I tried a Rod Bar 270 and a Suoermix 240 both nice rods but not what i wanted so i bought a Super Distance. It is 2.5m long, very fast action, faster than a Rod Bar i would say but would need both at the same time to confirm that and a shade less powerful.
Most of the plugs i use are between 15 - 20 grams and it is perfect for that. Feels good for soft plastics as well but not really used them much yet.
As for playing fish, well, i live in hope!!!!!

A very good rod if the more popular ones don't suit your needs.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Spitfire
For me its all about the feel and control. I personally find the rod bar is stiffer it gives more control over the lure (hard plastic) i don't find the Super Mix gives me that control. Although everyone say's the Supermix is great with soft plastic i still find the Bar the best even the 210 which i will now use in preference over the Supermix after one session on the shore and one on the boat. The action seams to suit my casting and the Bar 270 was my first Red Rod.
Life is so complicated :wallbash:
mmmmmm perhaps a 240 Bar would be more my thing (really need to get my hands on one to see)

Im sure someone will let me have a look at their supermix at the Weymouth do

thx for that

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Shimano have discontinued making them :wallbash: Typical eh, they were a lovely little reel
Damn,, just my luck Mick, Nevermind, i dont think "she who must be avoided" would appreciate me spending so much money on a reel anyway,, Marc..

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Damn,, just my luck Mick, Nevermind, i dont think "she who must be avoided" would appreciate me spending so much money on a reel anyway,, Marc..
I can have a look if my local shops got one (I think theyre a bit cheaper over here) - let me know the model if you want me to ask

1 - 20 of 20 Posts