World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Super sandeels/yellow eels whatever they are called!!

990 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  big guy 
#1 ·
tried to get some normal sandeels yesterday and all shops i tried (Deal & hometown Gillingham) havent got any any so they kept offering me these super eels in packs of 50. i've tried them b4 and they dont work for me, not even doggies like em. so i wanna know - whats the score with these things?? is it just a flash in the pan/the next best thing or just a crap bait to birdge the gap between having sandeels and not??? have you guys caught on em yet??

#2 ·
Had a couple of schooly bass on dark purple ones with a shaped leadhead, retrieved fast through low water rising with a bit of a blow. I have never caught anything on them static, small pollock love them as well especially the orange ones, but the worms tended to outsize the fish ! LOL

On the other hand, the Storm realistic eels I really like but again not fished static, more of a boat fishing thing me thinks.

#3 ·
Normal sand eels should be back soon its just last years stocks have run out, and we are just waiting for this years run to get under way.
Many shops have run out at the moment.
When it comes to sand eels, it is only worth using the natural blast frozen ones or the rubber/latex ones, like storm etc
:) :)

#4 ·
our shop is hopefully getting the ammo order in tomoz, i hope so anyway coz i've got a comp on wed. we've got frozen sandeel from a different supplier that are ok but as good as ammo.

if ever you need some bait when you come down this way next give me a PM i should be able to sort you with almost whatever bait you want, if you give me some notice. the shops in ramsgate BTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.