World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very nice video AND cast.

interesting for me:
1. it seems you start your cast from a static lead (so lead lying on the floor )?
2. would this cast be allowed following the fips ruling, this is what is written in the 2012 rules section

The following styles of casting are acceptable:
 PENDULUM
 OVERHEAD
 BACK-CAST
 OFF THE GROUND. (O.T.G.)
Any other casting style could be accepted only upon reasoned decision of the Technical Committee of FIPS-M, mainly for safety reasons. In any case, only one rotation up to 360 degrees is permitted.

i had trained a similar style a couple of years ago and was told during one of the german casting events, that this style of casting would not be valid officially, as it is more than one 360° rotation, so i stopped to train thiy style.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice video AND cast.

interesting for me:
1. it seems you start your cast from a static lead (so lead lying on the floor )?
2. would this cast be allowed following the fips ruling, this is what is written in the 2012 rules section

The following styles of casting are acceptable:
 PENDULUM
 OVERHEAD
 BACK-CAST
 OFF THE GROUND. (O.T.G.)
Any other casting style could be accepted only upon reasoned decision of the Technical Committee of FIPS-M, mainly for safety reasons. In any case, only one rotation up to 360 degrees is permitted.

i had trained a similar style a couple of years ago and was told during one of the german casting events, that this style of casting would not be valid officially, as it is more than one 360° rotation, so i stopped to train thiy style.
Yes of course. I really only do 270 degrees, maybe a tiny bit more. The 360 degrees that is allowed is the powerstroke, not the path the lead takes. Lots of people cast this style (better than me) at the FIPS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts