World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Noticed that Morrisons tend to do better with the fish counter that say the others.

They usually have (in season) all baits you could require.

They have stuff you don't get elsewhere.
Clams! Octopus!

Usually always have herring, mack, sardine, sprats, mussell, squid (not prepared), prawn.

Best supermarket fish couter by far. :clap3:

Come on Asda and Tesco. :nonono:

Sawfish

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I use to work at Asdas in Shoeburyness as a fish monger. I must admit the Morrison stores have more fish than Asdas. also the fish stall in Tescos is crap for bait, washed squid no herrings or mackeral most of the time very poor.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The tiger prawns available for bait at Morrisions are good as is the fresh squid on ice. Very resonably priced, and easy for those times when your local tackle shop lets you down.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I usually get abit of squid from morrisons too.

They also were selling mackeral cheap last year aswell, I think it was 2 for 60p, so I had the lot.. lol

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The Morrisons fish counter is good for bargains mate. If you go round later on in the day say about 9 at night they mark all the fish down too. You can get packs of Herring and Sprat which are ideal for tipping of very cheaply along with mackerel and squid at other times. Having a few packs of these banged in your freezer certinly does no harm, and at times i have found that flounder will go mad for just chunks of herring, sprat or macky, especially on marks such as the River Aln or Embleton beach.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
The mackerel from Morrisons is way better than the Ammo frozen so if you are able to get there on route to your session it's worth getting it from there instead. Tesco fish on the other hand, I wouldn't even use for bait, how some people eat it is beyond me! :D

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Tesco fish on the other hand, I wouldn't even use for bait, how some people eat it is beyond me! :D
Completely agree. A year ago, I would have stuck up for our Tesco here in Barnstaple — you had to be selective, but sometimes going in there early was great, mackerel crystal clear-eyed and still with a hint of green. Caught lots of fish on those.

Now though, they never seem to come in fresh ... always grey eyes, grey sagging flesh. Ugh.

Wouldn't dirty my hooks with it, never mind my fork.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Anyone buying fish or shellfish for bait in Central Scotland should visit the chinese supermarket at The Point in glasgow - AMAZING.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts