World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Danny turned up for practice yesterday. Took a brand new Diawa 7HT Mag out of the box, filled it with line. He then did one cast, did a big smile, then packed it all away and left.

272 Metres.

Amazing!

Si

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Showoff:whistling

Think it may be a while before someone actually beats him, there are a few that are getting pretty close tho saying that, cant wait for the vids to come out to watch, should be very entertaining

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Now is this thread about how good Danny is or that 7HT Mags are really good :whistling

Knowing that Danny is a mighty fine caster and has had many 270m+ casts under his belt, I can only deduce it's about the 7HT Mag that everyone else has found to be slightly over braked.

A few Q 's if I may -

1 - What sinker & line combo was he using ?

2 - Had Danny had access to reel prior to the cast ?

3 - If Yes to 2 then has he changed anything

4 - Was he standing behind or infront of the oche

Not very difficult to answer really, if the 7HT mags where really that good then why isn't everyone using them ?

Just curious. :bye1:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now is this thread about how good Danny is or that 7HT Mags are really good :whistling

Knowing that Danny is a mighty fine caster and has had many 270m+ casts under his belt, I can only deduce it's about the 7HT Mag that everyone else has found to be slightly over braked.

A few Q 's if I may -

1 - What sinker & line combo was he using ?

2 - Had Danny had access to reel prior to the cast ?

3 - If Yes to 2 then has he changed anything

4 - Was he standing behind or infront of the oche

Not very difficult to answer really, if the 7HT mags where really that good then why isn't everyone using them ?

Just curious. :bye1:
1. 150 Gram I believe.
2. Course not :sneaky2:
3. Absolutly nothing :sneaky2:
4. Behind.

Si

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Had a chat to Danny today and the reel is not bog standard
He has tweaked it but won't say how. It was a hell of a cast
though. Left us mear mortals gasping in amazement.
So far today a quick brakdown of a few of the top casts
Danny 267m
Andy copping 252
Steve Boyt 248
Chris Brayley 246 {I think or there abouts}
Tommy Farmer {USA} 246
Jeremy Shraeder {Austrailia 237}
Quite a few more 240 m casts but unsure as to who all of them are
I think Steve Lewis and Mark Jakins have at least one over 240
More fun to be had tomorow when the 125 event is held
Spectators are welcome to come and watch some of the
top casters in the world doing their stuff.
Entry and parking is free so come and take a peek

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Si,

With the additional information from Kevin, it creates a different view from the original post :whistling

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Si,

With the additional information from Kevin, it creates a different view from the original post :whistling
Point taken. Yes indeed. It was a bit tongue in cheek the original post :). After all the reel was bound to have been modified in some way I guess.
It's the turn up, do one huge cast and leave bit that really makes me laugh.

Si

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Danny has that ability.

The original post could have misled many people in thinking that the reel will cast 270m+ straight from the box. Many people have found them to be over braked :cry:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Danny has that ability.

The original post could have misled many people in thinking that the reel will cast 270m+ straight from the box. Many people have found them to be over braked :cry:
People will believe anything. I think that's what we where supposed to believe. :)

In fact some people have asked me if it's brand new out of a sealed box. Well people use your brain. Do you really think it was unmodified DOH !

Si

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Si,

you didn't happen to notice what rod it was as that may of had a deciding factor ?

TTR, E1000 or TTUL ?

·
Species Hunter
751 Posts
16' Rod, 7HT Mag, 25+ Stones and the fastest turn and hit I have ever seen. I'm glad I went to see the big man in action.:clap3:

He did crack off twice in the four i saw him chuck. lol.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
an awsome weekend the days an the night big thanks to everyone even got the bug back to go casting again been months since been down surfcast happy days dai:headhurt::drunk:

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
had a mega time there, well done to those who organised the event,

does anyone know if a table of the results will go up?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
an awsome weekend the days an the night big thanks to everyone even got the bug back to go casting again been months since been down surfcast happy days dai:headhurt::drunk:
Me thinks you want to give your bro a pasting on the field :)

Si

1 - 20 of 40 Posts