World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can pick up any spare bits for my penn surfmaster 850, the bit that holds the spool on and controls the drag is goosed. gutted. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Good luck in your search for bits. I reckon you might well be in luck as I should think there'll be plenty of 850's on the scrap heap for various reasons.
If I were you I'd save a bit of money in the long run and get a 2nd hand Biomaster 8000 thats been used by one of the carpies.
At least that way you could chop the spool off the 850, stick on a pepper grinder and then fill the middle with peppercorns - hey presto.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Good luck in your search for bits. I reckon you might well be in luck as I should think there'll be plenty of 850's on the scrap heap for various reasons.
If I were you I'd save a bit of money in the long run and get a 2nd hand Biomaster 8000 thats been used by one of the carpies.
At least that way you could chop the spool off the 850, stick on a pepper grinder and then fill the middle with peppercorns - hey presto.

Good call, I hate my 850! Can't beat the shimano's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts