World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished a beach mark on saturday evening , got there at around 6 ish only to be out numbered by loads of bikini cladded girls playing volleyball on the beach , then i woke up and reliesed we had arrived at our mark lol:) . sun was out , sea was like glass so thought ' i'll just chuck 1 out , just in case !! ' , left in out for an hour , whilst taking in the nice scenes :) , then had a run and rattle , brought it in and there was a 1lb 5 oz turbot on me sandeel . thinking to myself ' what a great start !! ' , proceeded to bring in my 2nd rod into action ........ nothing :blink: .
darkness set in and then the onslaught of dogfish appeared , must of had 15+ , you tend to lose count after 10 :uhuh: , the only other thing of any interest that happened was on high tide at around 9 ish , walked up to my box which was further up the beach to get a tea , had had a big run of line off my sealine x reel which also had the drag set down so no dogs pull the line out , must of took approx 20 yds off , it was long , when i pulled the bait in the sandeel had been pull down the pennell rig and off the top hook :g: :g: , i reckon a bass had if personnally and my mate also said the same :g: .

anyway out again monday night , going to try a new beach !!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Good report mate, My problem is that when i go out and get dogfish one after another, i just loose it BIG time. So well done on sticking it out. (so to speak)

Leigh.

·
61,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
61,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good report mate, My problem is that when i go out and get dogfish one after another, i just loose it BIG time. So well done on sticking it out. (so to speak)

Leigh.
i find that when the dogs suddenly stop feeding , theres something else on the prowl :g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had a surprise turbot while tageting ray last night as well ... this lil fella somehow managed to get its lips around a 5/0

·
Registered
717 Posts
lol .. blow me! .. so it is! ..doh! ..considering where i caught it thats an even bigger surprise lol

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i find that when the dogs suddenly stop feeding , theres something else on the prowl :g: :g: :g:
your right with that one rk funny all weekend it would go quiet before a hound arrived I know they dont eat dogs but im not sure the dogs know that also huss and conger will have them I have gutted conger and found dogs in them

·
61,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a surprise turbot while tageting ray last night as well ... this lil fella somehow managed to get its lips around a 5/0

nice flounder :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
61,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a flounder mate. Turbot have a pronounced diamond shape to them like this fella I caught a couple of years ago:

wish my turbot was that big , nice fish thou :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
61,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your right with that one rk funny all weekend it would go quiet before a hound arrived I know they dont eat dogs but im not sure the dogs know that also huss and conger will have them I have gutted conger and found dogs in them
yeah the large skate in ireland love dogfish as bait :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts