World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my raider I was advised a good upgrade would be suspension seat. Given the raider is basically open plan and therefore open to the element any suggestions on makes and models that are water resistant to both the seat and mechanism ? They will have to be be attached to swivel mounting plate
Cheers

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
When I first got my raider I was advised a good upgrade would be suspension seat. Given the raider is basically open plan and therefore open to the element any suggestions on makes and models that are water resistant to both the seat and mechanism ? They will have to be be attached to swivel mounting plate
Cheers
I fitted these Tractor Roller Dumper Boat Mower Trike Suspension Seat Angular Base adjustment! | eBay
They have been on the boat nearly 5 years & are now just starting to show a little surface rust but nothing major, mainly on the bolts as they are not stainless (would be easy enough to swap the bolts to stainless).
At £68 they are cheap (around the price of a standard boat type seat), are available in different colours (black, yellow, red & blue) & are very comfy.

headlight

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
It isn't actually the seat that has suspension but the pedestal or the mount below the seat. Most affordable suspension marine seats are for inside a wheelhouse, so it might be worth looking at tractor and dumper seats. The metal will be powder coated rather than stainless but if you keep an eye on it and touch up any rust spots every season it should be OK.
http://www.drivers-seats.com/drivers-seats/dumper-seats-lawncare/

·
Registered
59 Posts
can recommend the jennings seats, great price and are quite strong, i fitted the non wrap around ones as i find the arms on the swivel ones i had a bit restrictive in tight places and got in the way, also the mounting boxes are quite high so when facing the stern your feet are about a foot of the deck (unless your 7ft tall lol ) i also took of the sliding mount plate of the bottom and mounted the seats straight on top of the boxes in the forward fixed position and then use patio chairs for the fishing and lounging and the sprung seats for the charging around, also what springs down also springs up and on a recent charge out to the nab area had my fishing buddy up to 4 strikes on the way out and 5 head strikes on the roof on the way back in :bounce: Vehicle Room Exercise equipment Automotive exterior Auto part Room Furniture Bumper Vehicle Armrest Wheel Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I came across there web site yesterday and passed it on to garry24flyer as we where talking about suspension seat on Saturday. I am waiting for a email response I posted to them
Thanks for the heads up though have you had any problems with them rusting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts