World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does anyone know of any casting instructors in the Sussex area? Thanks
I was looking for one awhile ago and gave up on the idea so instead I watched tons of YouTube vids and read aload on here then I took my phone put it on a tripod and filmed my self then back to YouTube etc. OK it prob taken abit longer than if I used a instructor but I mainly otg cast as its pointless pendulum casting where I fish esp at night it just goes over the fish. I'm now happy with each cast I perform and most Importantly CONFIDENT that my bait is out where it needs to be and working. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cheers for the reply. Seen a lot of posts requesting Info on local instructors but not many responses. I’m pretty much doing the same regarding reading a ton of info on here and watching YT vids and the odd bit of advice from anglers I know. I’m keen to carry on and get it right, or as right as I can :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Does anyone know of any casting instructors in the Sussex area? Thanks
Depends where in Sussex. I have seen Anglers Den in Pevensey Bay being mentioned a few times, and I was told in Hastings Angling centre they have info for one. The problem is finding one that has the skills to teach, and can pass on a good technique this dont even mean they can take you much past the OTG cast. I would like to have some sessions with a instructor myself but it would need to be with a tournament caster who knows how to dig into the higher 250+ yard mark.

Failing that you could purchase the video that at least got me the 200 yard mark, Definitive Guide To Surfcasting with Dave Docwra.

Dan

·
Registered
587 Posts
Depends where in Sussex. I have seen Anglers Den in Pevensey Bay being mentioned a few times, and I was told in Hastings Angling centre they have info for one. The problem is finding one that has the skills to teach, and can pass on a good technique this dont even mean they can take you much past the OTG cast. I would like to have some sessions with a instructor myself but it would need to be with a tournament caster who knows how to dig into the higher 250+ yard mark.

Failing that you could purchase the video that at least got me the 200 yard mark, Definitive Guide To Surfcasting with Dave Docwra.

Dan
I live in Eastbourne and am happy to help if you live in the area. Den are OK if you want to use conti/fixed spool setups but not if you want to swing a lead. Will insist on good otg technique before we starting swinging a lead around.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I live in Eastbourne and am happy to help if you live in the area. Den are OK if you want to use conti/fixed spool setups but not if you want to swing a lead. Will insist on good otg technique before we starting swinging a lead around.
Thats good of you to offer. I don't live far from there myself. Do you mainly cast to fish like me or go to the field which I have never done?

Dan

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just for fishing now. Used to tournament cast but haven't done so for a good few years now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts