World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan for this weekend was to have a short session on Friday night and our usual session on Saturday night, with the weather forecast as it was yesterday we decided to make Friday the longer session.

Managed to get 70 or so fresh outs in the afternoon which was hard work with the short tide and the surf giving us very little sand to play with but we persevered and got enough for our nights session.

Off we went to our Sussex mark again with high hopes (we had done a lot of research over the last couple of months as we were sure that there was more Cod to be had more locally to us).

I was fishing live bait rigs on both rods, Craig and Rob was alternating with live baits and big baits, we had plenty of whiting to set of stage 1 of the live bait rigs but stage 2 was not so forthcoming.

After a few hours I had a few rattles that did not look like a Cod bite on further investigation we had fish on and the following Cod of 6lb 8oz was landed.

As Craig will tell you Cod has been my bogey fish so hopefully this is now broken and the Cod season begin.

Poor Photo as my Phone battery was low so we could not use the flash so we had to use the headlights as lighting.

All the best.
Andrew

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Well done Andrew a cracking fish.
Will you lose the tag 'Net Boy' now?

Tony

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done Andrew a cracking fish.
Will you lose the tag 'Net Boy' now?

Tony

I am sure it will be short lived mate, but I will revel in loosing the title for the moment and the great Codless one can have the title back.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Nice one Andy, well done it was about time you outfished GB's lol.
Steve

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
We really have found them mate,two trips two landed two lost,more to come,can't tell you how much you deserved a coddy mate,well chuffed for you,what we could get ona bigger tide fills me with anticipation,currently in bed with a migraine but will get out again this weekend for sure.bass,,,,,,,,no thanks, I want a twenty pound sussex beach cod next,as for gloating,knock yourself out mate,next time I ask to use your cod for a livebait don't get all ****y either.top fishing mate cos boy do we work hard for it,well done, all the best ...............sherpa

Sent whilst trying to catch a bass from my bb using tapatalk app!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Tony.........................no never. Steve.................goldenballs is buying his time....tick....tock. Stuart.................yes definatly will. Bubbles....I'm ignoring andrew so he can't gloat ....lalalalalalalala can't hear you !!!!

Sent whilst trying to catch a bass from my bb using tapatalk app!

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Nice Cod Andrew and well done on beating your bogey fish, I might have a crack at one of those on Monday to see if any are left over this way, until then it's Bass only looking at the weather forecast although tonights LW might be a bit testing but I think Simon's convinced me it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well done net boy....I mean, well done codling basher, I mean well done cod slayer, that was what you wanted to be called wasnt it? Well done mate, I enjoyed the experience, chuffed to see you have one!!, all the best worm boy.

Ps. Don`t rub Craigs nose in it to much, his next to bag one!!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
which mark was that? like to fish it and try.
Regular cod catches from sussex beaches,the holy grail for us in winter,
Fetch me a snowball from the cold dead jaws of cerberus and I shall happily let you in on where we are finding them.

Sent whilst trying to catch a cod from my bb using tapatalk app!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Well done net boy....I mean, well done codling basher, I mean well done cod slayer, that was what you wanted to be called wasnt it? Well done mate, I enjoyed the experience, chuffed to see you have one!!, all the best worm boy.

Ps. Don`t rub Craigs nose in it to much, his next to bag one!!
Tick tock tick tock

Sent whilst trying to catch a cod from my bb using tapatalk app!

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Well done Andrew.... once again the hard work and hours you boys put in gets you your rewards, similar to when I venture off with Mike and Joe it may not be all of us who get the targets but as long as we get the job done between us it's mission accomplished in my book...

p.s... I like the idea of using the headlight and no flash for losing the background, even if that's not what you were meant to do it worked out well:marinheir

thank you for the report, without giving away the mark IMO the fact cod have been reported in sussex should give anyone after one the kick up the backside they need to give it a bash:fish::fish:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts