World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, well i have'nt been near a fishing rod for eight months! and today at long last i had the pleasure to have a dangle with schu at Climping,conditions were perfect and the sea was alive with mullet,but alas none of them were intersted in our baits,i could only manage one 8" flounder and shu the same,although he needed three! rods to achive this,so technicaly i beat him! LOL.There were however a few mullet caught either side of us,and a 8lbs stiinger landed and another lost further down the beach,all in all it was still a nice place to be and it's good to get back into this fishing lark,cant wait to go again!

· Registered
3,880 Posts
Hello all, well i have'nt been near a fishing rod for eight months! and today at long last i had the pleasure to have a dangle with schu at Climping,conditions were perfect and the sea was alive with mullet,but alas none of them were intersted in our baits,i could only manage one 8" flounder and shu the same,although he needed three! rods to achive this,so technicaly i beat him! LOL.There were however a few mullet caught either side of us,and a 8lbs stiinger landed and another lost further down the beach,all in all it was still a nice place to be and it's good to get back into this fishing lark,cant wait to go again!
Darren (peroxide,team england )bond caught/landed the stinger which weighed 9lb.:clap3:

· Registered
3,880 Posts
Shame you lost your one - any idea on the size :secret:
Would'nt like to speculate (too painfull )shame i did'nt spot it on the surface before i had tightened up to it....Oops
Note to self and anyone else going to climping ....Take some suitable hooks with you.
(Hopefully i can be forgiven as when i left the house i was actually going to a match somewhere else).:bangin:

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would'nt like to speculate (too painfull )shame i did'nt spot it on the surface before i had tightened up to it....Oops
Note to self and anyone else going to climping ....Take some suitable hooks with you.
(Hopefully i can be forgiven as when i left the house i was actually going to a match somewhere else).:bangin:
where was that then "Passy's pond..............lol

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Hey Hot Wad, thanks for the palmful of reds :) ....saved the blank with a goldie (my first ever:clap2: ). Had 5 chucks with a long rig, fist chuck missed two bites, second chuck missed two bites, third chuck landed a goldie, fourth chuck lost a goldie and fifth chuck nothing.

· Registered
380 Posts
also fished climping yesterday afternoon,im assuming you were directly in front of the car park. I was fishing to the left two bays across(curly hair) if you coud see. Neway was going for stingers had a few decent bites on the hermit and landed a big eel must of been atleast 2lbs on the lug(where ever I go they jst seem to follow me, little bastards). are stingers there only when its sunny(so the sand warms) or is an overcast ok? how far do you have to cast? what state of the tide; mid flood or early ebb? does the sea have to be dead calm?is "the long groyne" jst west of the car park, on the point? also heard of a couple of smuts landed a few days ago from here do you no nething bout it?

· Registered
3,880 Posts
Hey Hot Wad, thanks for the palmful of reds :) ....saved the blank with a goldie (my first ever:clap2: ). Had 5 chucks with a long rig, fist chuck missed two bites, second chuck missed two bites, third chuck landed a goldie, fourth chuck lost a goldie and fifth chuck nothing.
Your welcome ,(First golden grey ? no way ! ) did'nt realise you were a golden grey virgin,hopefully it gave a good account of it's self .A worthy adversary and well worth target specific approach.:clap3:

· Registered
5,565 Posts
also fished climping yesterday afternoon,im assuming you were directly in front of the car park. I was fishing to the left two bays across(curly hair) if you coud see. Neway was going for stingers had a few decent bites on the hermit and landed a big eel must of been atleast 2lbs on the lug(where ever I go they jst seem to follow me, little bastards). are stingers there only when its sunny(so the sand warms) or is an overcast ok? how far do you have to cast? what state of the tide; mid flood or early ebb? does the sea have to be dead calm?is "the long groyne" jst west of the car park, on the point? also heard of a couple of smuts landed a few days ago from here do you no nething bout it?
Yesterday I was fishing at the west end of climping near Elmer. A 20 minute walk from climping car park .

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Good session at climping today, I had 2 eels to 2lb5, 1 smoothy 2lb 1/4 oz and scoolie, Jammy nuts had 6 dogs or was it 5? and 1 ling, to take the chips, crab and king rag the bait. good venue!
Blimey!! Wonder why it was so much better today?

Hot Wad said:
Your welcome ,(First golden grey ? no way ! ) did'nt realise you were a golden grey virgin,hopefully it gave a good account of it's self .A worthy adversary and well worth target specific approach.
Yes, first one! Gave a fair scrap, though my gear (Zziplex Zero Plus and Penn 525 mag) was a bit over-gunned!

· Registered
460 Posts
Blimey!! Wonder why it was so much better today?

Yes, first one! Gave a fair scrap, though my gear (Zziplex Zero Plus and Penn 525 mag) was a bit over-gunned!
nice chop in the water slight s/westerly, bit over cast must be the reason, do you reckon pressure helps (thought).?

Ive seen some lovely fish come up there in the last week, I think its a cracking venue. eels mullet hound dogs flounders bass ray.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.