World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been trying to find an attachment that fits where the pee hole goes on my DF 60,wondering if the plastic pee hole surround comes away you screw a hoselock type fitting in to its place, then just attach the hose and flush instead of using muffs.

Cheers'
Bill.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just attached the hose and gave it a good powerful flush,cleared the pee hole in the manifold with some 100lb line and away she goes,good steady flow.Now for a good clean antifoul Oil change Engine and gearbox,filters and away we go.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Be careful because some are designed to be flushed with engine off. Check in the manual.
Impeller? Thermostat definitely worth checking too. Can't remember engine age?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
THIS is the one I use on my DF50.
I drilled a hole in the plug and connected it via a swivel to the engine so that I wouldn't lose it whilst flushing in the marina.
BTW the company who sold me the engine told me that flushing through the port was just as good as running the engine on muffs. Also, you can leave the engine tilted up when flushing-handy when the boat is in the marina:thumbsup:
This discussion came about when I explained that my muffs didn't provide a good enough seal around the intake to get the water up and out of the peehole. Outboard Flush Plug IMG_0018.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts