World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got back from a few days in Swanage (Saturday through to Wednesday).

My son and I went out on a Mackerel fishing trip and caught 7 mackerel between us, only 15 mackerel caught on the whole trip (9 anglers on the boat)

I fished on the beach outside the Grand Hotel a couple of evening from 8 o’clock until about midnight as the tide was coming in. First night, I caught plenty of pouting.

Second night I caught plenty of pouting, turbot (size of a large diner plate) fishing on ragworm and small pieces of mackerel, tipped with squid. Also caught a nice size lobster on mackerel tail.

Third night, no pouting, but quite a few small turbot which I threw back.

Also tried spinning from the far end of the beach early mornings, only one take, a small bass which came of the hook. Fish took the lure, only a few feet from the beach in about a foot of water.

Overall, the best bait was fresh mackerel. I did not fish the pier as it was quite busy.

Brian

G

·
Hi, just got back from a few days in Swanage (Saturday through to Wednesday).

My son and I went out on a Mackerel fishing trip and caught 7 mackerel between us, only 15 mackerel caught on the whole trip (9 anglers on the boat)

I fished on the beach outside the Grand Hotel a couple of evening from 8 o’clock until about midnight as the tide was coming in. First night, I caught plenty of pouting.

Second night I caught plenty of pouting, turbot (size of a large diner plate) fishing on ragworm and small pieces of mackerel, tipped with squid. Also caught a nice size lobster on mackerel tail.

Third night, no pouting, but quite a few small turbot which I threw back.

Also tried spinning from the far end of the beach early mornings, only one take, a small bass which came of the hook. Fish took the lure, only a few feet from the beach in about a foot of water.

Overall, the best bait was fresh mackerel. I did not fish the pier as it was quite busy.

Brian
nice one brian,
thats a lot of fishing for a few days stay in swanage....
did you keep the big turbot for dinner?,by the sounds of it you would'nt
have had time to cook it....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts