World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have recently bought a small Dory boat and looking to take it out on its first trip around the Dorset coast this weekend. Aiming to launch from either Swanage or Kimmeridge for a days fishing, ideally for Bream and Plaice.

Could anyone recommend a couple of good marks to get started? I know Swanage is well known for Bream fishing, but can you target plaice around there too? Likewise with Kimmeridge.

Furthermore are there any bass starting to show at this time of the year?

Many thanks in advance!

Charlie

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi all,

Have recently bought a small Dory boat and looking to take it out on its first trip around the Dorset coast this weekend. Aiming to launch from either Swanage or Kimmeridge for a days fishing, ideally for Bream and Plaice.

Could anyone recommend a couple of good marks to get started? I know Swanage is well known for Bream fishing, but can you target plaice around there too? Likewise with Kimmeridge.

Furthermore are there any bass starting to show at this time of the year?

Many thanks in advance!

Charlie
You do not have to go far for Plaice at Swanage try drifting thru the moorings with light tackel just be careful of Peveral ledge tide rip. Best to fish early evening on wards or early morning.
You have to line the drift up between the buoys but once you get the drift can be very productive or it was when i trailed a warrior 165 some 15 years ago but not sure if things have changed by now.
Kemmeridge good for bream but do not know a specific Plaice mark.

Tight lines
Espadon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts