World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick report as I'm going fishing.
Fished the Quayside at Swanage last evening 6:30 to 9:30, rising tide, not much water to start with.
A few species about ; pout, flounder, 5 bearded rockling, shannies, bass ( No. 13) and dogfish (No. 14)
Twice I had what would be 15 drop off a few yards from the quayside, small congers wriggling free on the surface. a couple were caught but not by me.
A nice evening to be out fishing, calm and clear a bit nippy but no wind.

(ended up £28 beter off, which was nice.)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Morning Cap'n,

We're thinking of doing a week's fishing in Dorset in September, staying in a caravan, and just wondered whether we'd be better locating ourselves in Swanage or at t'other end of the county around Charmouth. My other half prefers relatively easy fishing (so Weymouth Stone Pier works well) and I've had a wee dabble at Swanage Pier and West Bay in the past but that apart Dorset is pretty much unexplored for us. Will deffo have a go at Portland if the weather behaves too.

Any advice?

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
366 Posts
Quick report as I'm going fishing.
Fished the Quayside at Swanage last evening 6:30 to 9:30, rising tide, not much water to start with.
A few species about ; pout, flounder, 5 bearded rockling, shannies, bass ( No. 13) and dogfish (No. 14)
Twice I had what would be 15 drop off a few yards from the quayside, small congers wriggling free on the surface. a couple were caught but not by me.
A nice evening to be out fishing, calm and clear a bit nippy but no wind.

(ended up £28 beter off, which was nice.)
Class like your style!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What was really good was that the bait was given to me by the tackle shop owner as the ragworms had died and got smelly and he couldn't sell them. Didn't cost me a penny.

Best bait in the world for that sort of fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts