World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm going on a charter boat trip out of Swansea on friday organised by workmates.Not sure of the name of the boat.Was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on best rigs,baits etc. & whats being caught.A bit clueless as we normally fish the otherside this time of the year off Minehead. Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers.'

·
Registered
438 Posts
lots of dogs about some bass but not a lot strap conger and rays just use a 3ft running trace with a 2 0 to a 40 hook that will cover most of your fishing in the bay

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Steelhead, a lot depends on the standard of the tackle, & the level of expertise of the anglers I find, if the skipper can see that the anglers have good tackle, & ask where they are going first, & what method is best, & know how to prepare traces for it etc, he will give you his best shot!
If however he can see that he has 12 "rod hires" on board, he will head for the nearest ray & growler hotspot (the Mixon Bouy or the Inner Green Grounds) put the pick down, & put the kettle on.
The tide is 11.8mts, with HW at 0545 so if you are out at 0900 you will fishing the last hour or so of the ebb & first 2 hrs of the flood, as your first stint.
Tell him that you want to drift off Langland for black bream (small hooks, squid/rag), or you want to drift the White Oyster for bass, (long traces with live sandeel).
Then head for St Christophers Knoll off Three Cliffs Bay at mid water, fish small for dabs (with lots of flourescent beads or spoons), or mackerel for rays/dogs maybe a bass or turbot.
From then on, you're on your own!
blueskip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts