World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you guys are going to fish the boat comp on the 9th? seems to be a good prize list again with more people expected this year than ever. For any one that is going to enter watch out for me cos this year is mine hahaha"i only wish". so has anyone heard of any cod coming in from the swansea boats? or will the cod wait till the big day to show in any numbers again!!!
good luck too all that enter and a merry chrimas too all.
But more importantly Tight lines for all!!!
doggy..

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
South Wales Evening Post last Thursday reported a few being caught on one or two charter boats, but not as many as you would expect this time of year! Mind you with two bloody great mussel/oyster dredges ploughing the bay day & night its little wonder they are thin on the ground! I reckon thats why the fishing is generally slow in the Bay this year!
If the weather is favourable & I can get my 14ft Boston Whaler out to the SWIGG on 9th Jan, I will certainly be chasing you for the first prize doggyhater!
My newly modified bait pump (thank you Poacher) will be red hot prior to the 9th & the fish will think lugworms come in shoals!!!!!!!!
I might even pull in tight to the lighthouse island if its too rough for me outside, because if its too bad out there even the charter boats will not be able to stay out either (they will have to come in to please the HUEYS), & they dont know doodly s**t about the inshore marks, so if its rough, its mine!!!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah your right mate it does seem slow for this late in the year, i've herad of maybe 6 cod taken to about 20lb, but it slowed off last year before some lunkers where taken the day of the comp. I don't mind if theres a little swell aslong as its no force 6!!! I'm planning to get out of the locks early and head for either the swigg or maybe the oster trench before the rest arive and take the best spots, see how i feel. As for bait i think 5 lb of blacks, a box of squid and some cuttle will do the job. If it blows up then i will look out for you with the lunker of the day!! Well best of luck anyway mate and may one of us win the day!!!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
If I put 5lb blacks, a box of squid & some cuttle on my boat it would sink! 5lb blacks are worth £70, squid £5, cuttle £5, fuel £10, sandwiches & coffee & fags £10, you have to win first prize to break even!
If I pumped 5lb worm my right arm would look like Arnold Schwartzaniger, & I would have to go to bed for a week to recover.
The wind will decide who wins that comp, if there is any East in it the faster charter boats will go to Sker, if it stays calm a local small boat will win it. Roger Gore or Mike Davies will be there or there abouts, with Andy Young is a good e/w bet.
blueskip

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i see what you mean but fishing isn't for the money or the winning in my eyes, its the smile on my face when i see the first sight of that fish under the boat. Thats the reason we all visit this sight, well mine anyway haha i sound like a sadoo.
Anyway do you know what mag last years comp was in, cos i can rember the pic's out side the club but can't for the life of me find the mag it was in, if i can find those pics i can start to think 28lb cod again!!! I only wish
Cheers chris

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Never saw the picture, read the report in the Evening Post though, it was a cracking result for the host club, shame the winner this year will not be a club member (me) so dream on my man, put all thoughts of your face on the front, right out of your mind!
"If its flat, I'm the cat, if its really rough, thats tough"
blueskip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts