World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering guys, me and my mates have been down there alot in the summers bringing in some whiting and dog fish and rockling, but is it actually legal to fish there? I've heard rumours and all but not sure. Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
There are security guards around there m8 be careful and have fun.
Some mullet and small bass in there

·
Registered
4 Posts
from what i can gather you used to need a permit to fish there on the west wall they were available from the port office on the other side. but alot of anglers are refusing to buy permits on the stance that it now cost more to fish the one wall than it did when you were able to fish both sides of the harbour. ocasionally you get the odd port officals going up there and clearing everyone off but this is mainly in the summer when it gets crowed with noddy's who fish it while on holidays and kids who fish it and leave their rubbish around when they leave. but i have fished it loads of times and have never had anyone ask me for a permit. the local tackle shop on the mariner told me more or less not to bother with a permit as nobody has one anymore. but to be honest the fishing is that poor up there at the mo apart from the odd joey that i tend to fish elsewhere this time of year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts