World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of fishing Swansea Pier tomorrow evening. Does it matter whether the tide is high or low? What do you think are the best conditions to fish the pier?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

T

·
0 Posts
May be wrong, but isn`t the pier shut in the evenings? think it`s 4.30.
Shame, have found it a good place after dark.

There is water there all the time, but have found it productive as tide goes out.

Nick

T

·
0 Posts
duh!.....sorry Dave, my brain is a bit pickled in work at the mo :)

Never fished the west pier at low, although there should be water there. Was going to go there Saturday afternoon tide, but will prob be very busy there, may go off Aberavon.

I`ve been off there only 3 times, caught a few small whiting, but others state that it can be very good off there.

Sorry can`t be of more help, Let us know what you catch!

Nick

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Daverave, I fished the West Pier last week on one of the big tides, lots of small whiting, saw only 1 whiting big enough to take caught. Nothing out of the River side, the dredger was back & fore & the river was like cocoa. Your only real chance is get there early, get as close to the end as you can, & fish the beach side, bait anything seems to catch (except tiger prawns) one bloke used them for 3 days after the Sea Angler article never had a bite.
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
The one that goes out past Rogers Tackle is the Swansea West Pier.
blueskip

T

·
0 Posts
kelvindavies11 said:
im off the short arm friday if anyone fancy it.

kelvin
I`d be up for it, but i`m working Friday :-(

Do you need a permit for the short arm?

T

·
0 Posts
kelvindavies11 said:
mate think of it im working also fri, playing rugby sat but bwill be up for it sunday lol, yeah sadly u need a permit.

kelvin
Never mind, looks like i`m going off Porthcawl Saturday Morning High Tide. So, how do I get a permit for the short arm? i`ve also fancied going off the jackstones, are there any problems fishing off it? like safety, permit etc?

Nick

S

·
0 Posts
daverave said:
I am thinking of fishing Swansea Pier tomorrow evening. Does it matter whether the tide is high or low? What do you think are the best conditions to fish the pier?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated!
HI
i know you've already fished the pier but i'm board...and for next time..

yeah fish it from mid to high and back to mid... fish the beach side and just mackerel chucks, should get some whiteing...try to get as far down the pier as you can, ( can get busy on the weekends) if you get right on the end cast towards Mumbles if your cast i long enough (120 yards or more) there's a little bit of rough ground,could get luck and hits some codling, take some lug as back up if mackerels not working,, midnight high tide are always more productive here,,trace don't matter here it what you like to use... it sand bottom so a two hooked bomer with a break-away weight should be fine... keep a three hooked trace ready if you started hit couple of fish in short time (whiteing) put the three hooks on and increase your amount of fish...

if fishing that rough ground one hook, with a long trace should be fine...

good luck
hope it helps
peace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts