World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Very poor day indeed, and one VERY cheesed off person on the boat. No Cod at all, quite a few whiting and doggies. the story of the day though, one of the guys caught a Spotted Ray, weighed it at 7lb 1oz, and returned it into the sea, only to find out in the evening that it would have beaten the BRITISH record which stands at 6lb 8oz&#33;&#33;&#33; I think &#39;gutted&#39; doesn&#39;t quite describe his reaction.

Smile of the day (well, for us anyway) boat anchored about 100yds away, 8 people on board, 7 got seasick and the skipper had to go home early. My advice - take the tablets next time guys&#33;
</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font color='#000000'>My apologies, I was mislead with regard to the british record weight spotted ray, it is in fact 8lb 10oz, I&#39;ve sent him a text message so i guess he won&#39;t be so cheesed off after all &nbsp;
</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I bet he feels a little better but there is no pick up really for a bad trip....Hope you have better luck next time.</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Just been on the &#39;phone to some of the guys that went out of Swansea today - one of them bagged a 41lb Cod&#33; Apparently the handle of the landing net even broke as they tried to get it into the boat. They also had at least one other 11ib fish as well. So once again, not many around but the ones that are, are BIG.</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I can agree with the big statement. &nbsp;I landed a few little fish yesterday and one 2.5lbs whitting then got into a fight with a large fish that actually snapped my 45lbs line I got a good look at it yet I am unsure what it was it looked like a whitting but my friend who i rang when i got home felt sure it was a large Cod. &nbsp;But I am peir fishing so the BIG ones are coming in shore as well as out on the boats.</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts