World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the 9 oclock lock headed down west wanted to try a couple of banks Caswell area.
First cast Whiting mate had a doggie before we had set up a second rod. Threw everything at them Rag (doggies), lug (doggies), blacks (doggies), crab (doggies), makerel (doggies), sandeels (doggies) and squid (yep doggies). Finished up with about twenty whiting (nothing over 12ozs), 4 dabs, 6lb Bull Huss (big doggie) 1.5lb cod and three kisillion doggies. Got them 3 at a time lost count of doubles hits and even had two on a pennel twice. Reckon I was anchored up at crufts. We did move twice but they followed the boat me thinks. Everything returned alive to fight again (or in the doggies case to plague me again).

G

·
hi loadsa, was it you i was tied alongside with in the marina lock yesterday? me and my lad wern't plagued by dogs, infact he couldn't even catch one on fish bait !!
lot of dabs and a small plaice off the knoll
dave

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it was me, when you out next?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
We did the same, headed for St Christophers where Paid4 proceeded to fill the fish well with dabs, using his bloody "helicopter rig" whilst I played it cool with my whirling spoons & coloured beads, & continued to play it cool! (which part of fishing boat didn't I understand)!:nonono:
We moved to Port Eynon at low water but nothing to be found, came back to the Knoll but it never fished at all on the flood, so came back to the channel off Mumbles Lighthouse & caught nothing again! except our first glimpse of the Birmingham Navy (Swansea Flotilla) obviously returning from Oxwich, as fast as their credit cards would allow them!:g:
Glorious weather though, the boat performed well, I had chance to play with the electronic trim & got that sorted, even down to the now inwardly opening cabin door, & the fold down gas stove modification, (but I did burn through the bunjee by folding it back down whilst still hot, will remember that).:eek:hmy:
Sabretooth you are transmitting fine, its your recieve that's the problem, good to see you Dave, catch you next month on the bream.:yeah:
One small negative on the day, as some of you know, Paid4 hasn't got "much of a roof over his toolshed" & he left his hat off too long in the sunshine, say no more!:oops: Serve him right for showing me up with his bloody helicopter rig :yahoo:
blueskip

G

·
We did the same, headed for St Christophers where Paid4 proceeded to fill the fish well with dabs, using his bloody "helicopter rig" whilst I played it cool with my whirling spoons & coloured beads, & continued to play it cool! (which part of fishing boat didn't I understand)!:nonono:
We moved to Port Eynon at low water but nothing to be found, came back to the Knoll but it never fished at all on the flood, so came back to the channel off Mumbles Lighthouse & caught nothing again! except our first glimpse of the Birmingham Navy (Swansea Flotilla) obviously returning from Oxwich, as fast as their credit cards would allow them!:g:
Glorious weather though, the boat performed well, I had chance to play with the electronic trim & got that sorted, even down to the now inwardly opening cabin door, & the fold down gas stove modification, (but I did burn through the bunjee by folding it back down whilst still hot, will remember that).:eek:hmy:
Sabretooth you are transmitting fine, its your recieve that's the problem, good to see you Dave, catch you next month on the bream.:yeah:
One small negative on the day, as some of you know, Paid4 hasn't got "much of a roof over his toolshed" & he left his hat off too long in the sunshine, say no more!:oops: Serve him right for showing me up with his bloody helicopter rig :yahoo:
blueskip

thats a fair account of the days events there skip got radio fixed, a bit of surface corrosion on the ariel contact. be nice to do some bream, didn't get any last year. i guess its my turn to take the 'helicopter kid'. did he break anything this trip??
that sun was deceptive. i have half a red face and neck, the rest is white:uhuh: :uhuh:
dave

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Picture the scene - you're floating on a flat calm sea, under a beautiful cloudless sky in a very nice little boat, cup of tea in hand and rods out off the stern when the chap next to you (who may or may not have a very red head) starts hauling in Dabs hand over fist. Now you're partial to the odd Dab yourself but your rods resolutely refuse to move. The red headed chap says 'It's these rigs I'm using why don't you try one?'

Do you:-

a) say 'Don't mind if I do' and start catching the tasty little buggers, or

b) be a stubborn old git and persevere with traces that look like the play jewellery my daughters love and catch sweet FA?

Answers on a postcard please;)

Cracking day out thanks Vic, nice to meet you again Dave, are you sure Snag didn't teach the lad to fish?:g:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I finally managed to get most of the ground up peat & maddies out of the non-slip mat which you were impressed with!:whistling:
I must do yet ANOTHER modification, & devise some sort of plastic icecream container that you can keep the worms in, save spreading them all over my floor!:nonono:
After several hours of "decommissioning" I am now ready to go again, but I reckon I will give it another month maybe, no sign of plaice, turbot, bream, only growlers & dabs, ok in lovely weather, but is it worth it when you have to "spring clean" after the trip?:giveup:
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I finally managed to get most of the ground up peat & maddies out of the non-slip mat which you were impressed with!:whistling:
I must do yet ANOTHER modification, & devise some sort of plastic icecream container that you can keep the worms in, save spreading them all over my floor!:nonono:
After several hours of "decommissioning" I am now ready to go again, but I reckon I will give it another month maybe, no sign of plaice, turbot, bream, only growlers & dabs, ok in lovely weather, but is it worth it when you have to "spring clean" after the trip?:giveup:
blueskip

'ang on a minute - wasn't it you who dumped my lovely worms all over your clean deck?:g:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
'ang on a minute - wasn't it you who dumped my lovely worms all over your clean deck?:g:
It was you when you went to pick up those mortifying frozen mackerel which had stuck to the paper, & it all went arse over tip when you picked them up:nonono:
Plus I had dainty little trainers on, & you had those great big "moonboot" things on, further plus I wasn't catching so didn't need to keep going into the bait, & further further plus I spent most of the day making tea for you, so you are the one responsible, regardless of who did it!:whistling:
blueskip

G

·
Cracking day out thanks Vic, nice to meet you again Dave, are you sure Snag didn't teach the lad to fish?:g:
are you suggesting snag has been 'grooming' my lad to not catch doggies ???
give it a week or so as im doing some jobs for my mother and i'll take you out again:giveup:
i'll have to think about bacon sarnies though, all you did was complain to blueskip that you didn't get any. think i spoiled you last time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts