World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not fishing here for about 30 years I thought I would re visit.
Fished 10.30 -13.45 . HW about 12.05.
Very calm to start but a fresh cold breeze rose during the session.
Fished a 3 hook flapper into the dock entrance and a big bait pulley pennel onto the beach.
Mackerel and squid were on the menu.
First cast resulted in a Whiting on the flapper, as I readied myself for a big session I would have been better off getting out a sleeping bag.
Not a peep until about 12.30 when I had a further 2 whiting on the flapper.
Not a nibble on the rod fishing the beach.
Cloud Sky Water Casting (fishing) Luggage and bags

Fish Fin Marine biology Tail Ray-finned fish

Cloud Sky Water Water resources Boat

Cloud Water Sky Fence Lake

What was disappointing was the amount of fishing rubbish left on the pier.
I picked up and filled a bag for life with line, cans, rags, single use tip lights, trace packets and bait wrappers just in the area I fished. It was a sad sight, at least with disgarded bait the birds will eat it but this left me feeling embarrassed to be considered by passers by as part of this mess. It was not going to rot away naturally.
Enough of my moaning, I will return again, this time only 3 Whiting to show, there were about a dozen rods in the water with only one other whiting taken at the end.
5 trips this month, 2 blanks, 4 species so far- Pouting, Whiting, Rockling, Flounder. Still to get my first doggie of 2022.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well done on catching a few and well done on picking the litter up left by the people that spoil it for the rest of us. I always say these people that leave the litter are not proper anglers at all, they have no care for their surrounding or the environment and would be the first to moan if they stopped fishing at these venues.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done on catching a few and well done on picking the litter up left by the people that spoil it for the rest of us. I always say these people that leave the litter are not proper anglers at all, they have no care for their surrounding or the environment and would be the first to moan if they stopped fishing at these venues.
You are right, I really don't get it how people can have an obvious keen interest in fishing yet let themselves down when it comes down to their surroundings.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You are right, I really don't get it how people can have an obvious keen interest in fishing yet let themselves down when it comes down to their surroundings.
I know it's unbelievable it really is. The one I see regular that gets me is the litter left at friars point in Barry, reason being is that you have to go past a bin to get back to your car but they still leave it there, crazy.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Good effort on the fishing front @tonputter . It's generally hard out there at the moment.once this, cold spell and high pressure breaks things will improve.
As for the state of the pier, good on you for doing your bit, I bet the other anglers there didn't join you in the clear up...... As said people would soon shout if the place was shut to anglers...... Sadly most of our easy to access and popular marks suffer the same mindless cretins.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good effort on the fishing front @tonputter . It's generally hard out there at the moment.once this, cold spell and high pressure breaks things will improve.
As for the state of the pier, good on you for doing your bit, I bet the other anglers there didn't join you in the clear up...... As said people would soon shout if the place was shut to anglers...... Sadly most of our easy to access and popular marks suffer the same mindless cretins.
I look forward to Spring and hopefully things picking up, I think we have all been disappointed this winter with the lack of Cod fishing. We all give it a go though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Well done beating the blank and cleaning up some of the mess, don’t think for one moment it’s only your area it happens, I live in Scotland and it’s exactly the same up here and I don’t mean just easy to get to marks. I mean marks that are a good trek away and not easy under foot. Some of the marks are a complete disgrace my son and myself have filled 2/3 bag of rubbish at some of the marks we fish, no wonder you are not made welcome at some of the marks rant over
Bert(old yin)

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's a bit quiet everywhere at the moment but at least you have it a go🎣👍thanks for taking the time to clean up some lazy swines rubbish 👏👏👏 the litter situation really winds me up these people bring the litter to the mark surely to take it back home can't be too much to ask ogmore deeps is a prime example every time I go there I fill a bag of old line bait rappers batteries etc I just don't get it?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Out of curiosity how many more anglers was there and how many helped you clean up net not many. I fished a local mark yesterday broken glass beer cans and old newspaper from bait. . I cleared all I could find. Whilst others just sniggered at me. . Bunch of tosser I had a stand up row when a guy left and just kick his rubbish in to the sea. . These people should be fined 1000 quid. Shame cameras all over the roads but not on jetties.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Out of curiosity how many more anglers was there and how many helped you clean up net not many. I fished a local mark yesterday broken glass beer cans and old newspaper from bait. . I cleared all I could find. Whilst others just sniggered at me. . Bunch of tosser I had a stand up row when a guy left and just kick his rubbish in to the sea. . These people should be fined 1000 quid. Shame cameras all over the roads but not on jetties.
I agree , where I was was away from the guys on the end so they were probably unaware of what I was doing, trouble is with the plastic wrapping for bait , it could be there for some time as like line it doesn't rot away and if I was walking my dog there I wouldnt want him or any other animal tangling in line.
The rubbish was clearly angling related so as I sat there with casual walkers passing I really felt some responsibility for the condition the place was in. We can only do a bit but it all counts, its easy to think its not mine so why should I bother but with the fishing being quiet it was too difficult to ignore.
I bet those sniggering were embarrassed but didn't have the bottle to join you.
Well done 👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts