World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i fish all around the vale and surrounding areas, but i am planning to go up to porthcawl or swansea on the weekend, can anyone give me some top marks, maybe for cod, what the ground is like there etc.

Never been you see!

Thanks
Local

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Local ,
Porthcawl and the weekend in one sentence not a good blend i'm afraid.
The wall along the seafront will be jammed packed , the pier will also have its fair share of anglers, but beware if you spot the area in the mid-section of the pier empty and think my lucky day look at all this space, think again my friend ,that's where the waves wash you into the harbour without the slightest warning ( experience )not quite dropped in the drink but oh so close !!!.
Newton beach is a mixture of shingle rock and pebbles oh and sand, Newton point is a rock mark accessed through the caravan park right at the rear of the park you will see some large rocks slightly to your left as you approach, low water venue mostly but between flood and Hi ,cast between the rocks ,but be prepared for tackle loss ie weak links or spark plugs etc.
The beach to your right low and flood are easy fishing on hi the ground once again gets rough ,with strong undertones in the surf.To the right again dont know the name of the mark but its between the prom and the point another rock surface but casting into sand either side , now i'm not sure about tide height there and how long you can stay at the mark on a hi tide for example.
Black.Rag,Squid seem to do well there. Keep in mind the point is a good summer mark for Bass. Hope this helps.
cheers jury

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have fished swansea (on a friday night tide) since the summer, with so many different results.

But can honestly say I have always had fish from the doggie to a nice size codlin
(sadly no cad as yet)......My fav mark is the west peir fishing eather side its up to u.

I have fished the knab this too has produced fish albeit not for the pan but remember a fish is a fish alwas better than blanking!!!!!(i think so anyway).
And parking for both venues is quite safe.

reguards
Russ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts