World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>

I have just had a report from the skipper off the boat Lady Helen.
They are catching Bass,Pollack,Turbot,Black Bream, and have just started to pick up a few early Mackeral (large ones).

Hopefully its a good sign for this summer&#33;&#33;&#33;

has anyone fished Swansea lately?

Rob</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Could be looking good - I snuck out of the house this morning to grab a couple of hours fishing before work, cold northerly wind and no fresh bait so I was not expecting much. Popped down to Knabb Rock and lobbed some mackerel out. One rod at about 60metres in to the hollow to the left of the mussel bed roughly level with the end of the car park, the other at about 10metres, as I had seen some fry scooting around at about that range the day before. Within an hour I was pulling in a bass off the short rod.
He must have seen those fry as well.
Ok so it was the length of my hand and would probably have weighed in at a monstorous 2-3ozs, but it was still a Bass. I hope he comes back in a few years.

Question: Apart from "carefully" how do you handle a Bass, especially the little ones, as there does not seem to be much of them that is not within reach of one of their spikey bits. I wrapped this one in my rag to unhook him and was wearing gloves, but he still had a good attempt at slicing me with those gill plates</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Fishing out of Swansea on Sunday evening for 4 hours using light tackle after Black Bream. Had a good report today that they have caught fish up to 3 lbs of Oxwich.

Let you know how we get on.</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color='#000000'>What&#39;s this Rob, sneaking off on more trips without letting the rest of us know? Mind you, I guess you do need the practice, but it still won&#39;t help you win the pot next week in Kilmore. &nbsp;
</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts