World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks everyone for the information with gps. took boat out sunday,had chat to local skipper (PAUL LADY HELEN) allowed me to follow him around for the day :D wasnt able to use gps DAMN THING WOUDNOT WORK :angry: getting it checked today .anyway good day out for fishing, 2 cod 4lb+9lb, 3conger 5-8lbmark loads small whiting,inevetable doggy, two at atime on a pennel. baits used BLACK LUG,SQUID,CUTTLEFISH. conger and cod taken on CUTTLE. bit of information given to me last night local boys who fish out of cardiff say OCTOPUSS top bait for cod. ;) THANKS BLUESKIP 4 gps numbers .

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Well if you are going to spell octopus with 2ss, it'll be an OCTOPUSSY & anything that smells like that is bound to attract cod! :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
well done, sounds like a good days fishing cod father mate, paul is often a very helpfull guy, he will let you take your gps out for a days fishing if you can't keep up with him too!!! which was helpfull on my old boat. the one problem with white oyster trench is it can only be fished on a medium tide otherwise you need a ton of lead!!!!
so did you catch these cod off white oyster trench cod father?
i was down on the boat last night and in the tackle shop, all talk is about the swigg bouy. people have been catching lots of cod there apparently, so i'll have a look on the weekend weather permiting!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
codfather,dont get confused with white shell reef which runs parrallell with the shore from langland point to midway up pwll du headland it can be a good mark for bream,bass,conger and a few years ago the welsh cod record was broken here on tony whiteheads charter boat the record has since been broken but it was 40 pounds plus,but the white oyster reef is about 2 miles due south of the mixen buoy i wouldnt bother with the big tides out there its near impossible to hold bottom i would go east of the swig or off morfa beach hills just look out for other boats until u get some numbers
dog hop

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the mark i was fishing was just off the last bouy (black yellow black) forthe entrance to port talbot docks.three charter boats and quite a few other boats all in same area.not sure if this is called Swigg, have a good one on weekend DOGY HATER might go myself if missus lets me.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Codfather the S.W.I.G.G. Bouy is about 3/4 mile S.E. of Mumbles Pier its a big BLack/Yellow thing, & it sits right in the middle of the shipping channel! :unsure:
If you go 300/400 yds S.E. of it & anchor up you are right in the middle of the "action spot". ;) You are likely to have somebody anchor close enough to cast into your boat, excellent spot for Cod, THE No1 SPOT IN SWANSEA BAY, but dont tell anybody I told you. :D Pennel Rig with a pair of Mustad Viking 79510 & a huge gobful of lug/squid cocktail ;) Short of casting for you I cant give you any more help :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts