World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know these people and how reliable they are ?

I placed an order with them on-line back on the 19 May, the money came out of my account on 20 May and I have heard nothing since. I sent them an e-mail last week but they have not replied and have e-mailed them again today but nothing. I see that there is not a phone number on their website.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of them

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
sorry Violet I have never heard of them.

could just be a problem with the Post.

The online retailers I have used usually despatch the same day and I recieve the stuff within 2 days.......I could be one of the lucky ones I suppose.

does seem a bit of a long time though and not answering your email is a little dodgy :(

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Hi Violet - Swifty's Bait & Tackle are not far from where I live. They are a high street outlet which also do Internet sales. Their phone number is 020 7627 5907.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lucky for your help - I will give them a call. Some comfort that they have a shop

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hi Violet

I think this is the address and contact number for them

Swifty's Fishing Tackle
44-46, Wilcox Rd, London, SW8 2UX
Tel: 020 7627 5907

hope this is of use to you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are absolutely useless - I placed an order for a sundridge flotation suit on december 14th 2004 after being told it was in stock, waited a month for the jacket which I eventually got after phoning and e-mailing countless times, and waited 5 months for trousers that never came as they were out of stock at Daiwa - the distributers for sundridge. Which i had to find out by calling Daiwa and sundridge myself 4 or 5 times !!!

It then took 9 phone calls for 2 weeks over easter demanding a refund to actually get my money back, kept saying yeah it'll be done, but the money never showed up in the account - luckily I had online banking with Lloyds and didn't have to wait for my statement to arive.

I was dealing with a bird called Maggie and eventually a bloke called steve. All were about as much use as a chocolate Teapot.

All resolved in about May this year for an order that was meant to be my xmas present :mad:

Good luck - I hope you don't have as bad I nightmare with them as I did !!!!

I certainly wouldn't let them deal with my money again - much better service from other places I deal with, especially Southend Angling - Less than 24hrs delivery on most orders I've placed - Amazing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have used Veals, Poingdestres, Torbay Angling, Braid Direct and Harris and found them all very good. I tend not to use a supplier unless I can get some feedback. It's probably better to get an opinion through the forum if poss before parting with your money. (I'm not trying to be a S.A.)

Fred

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Fred said:
I have used Veals, Poingdestres, Torbay Angling, Braid Direct and Harris and found them all very good. I tend not to use a supplier unless I can get some feedback. It's probably better to get an opinion through the forum if poss before parting with your money. (I'm not trying to be a S.A.)

Fred
Good advice Fred not just to Violet but anyone wishing to buy goods by mail order. :D

There are hundreds of members on here who could give some good advice after all what do we do when the weather is bad..........BUY FISHING STUFF! :p

(Well I do anyway)hee hee :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts