World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the swigg buoy this morning from 10 am until 3.30 this afternoon,black lug and cuttlefish with frozen razor clam were the bait of the day. it was plenty cold enough in the afternoon but the wind was from the north east so maybe we were a little exposed, the pouting made a show on the turn of the tide as did a couple of 2 pound plus whiting, which was a refreshing change from the townhill chickens which kept pecking all afternoon (doggies),often coming up 2 at a time.the quick steam back to mumbles reminded me that a bad days fishing is always better than a good day at work .

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Suprised you never picked up a cod with that combination Dog Hop there are a few about, mind you it has always been the first set of big tides after Xmas that have announced the cod arriving in Swansea Bay. They seem to head up the Channel on the N.Devon side, get as far as Redwick, then make their way back down on our side! strange creatures I WONDER IF THEY ARE ALL FEMALE? I must agree with the sentiment, a poor day's fishing is far better than a good day's work.
Blueskip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts