World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:help: im wanting to change over from fixed spool to multiplier can anyone give me any advice PLEASE im confused with it all, did have a 525 mag xmas present and never used it and then me garage got done blah blah anyway any advice would be appreciated, and if any ones selling let me know. thank you.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Bit late sorry m8, I sold my slosh 20shv (wudda been ideal) just 3 hours ago. Sure someone will help you out though, but might be worthwhile putting an add in the "Wanted" section of the classifieds on here :thumbs:

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Do you have a rod ringed for multiplyers if not you will need to get one

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I have a 525 mag - excellent reel

I also have an abu c 3 ct mag elite (the green one) I would advise anyone that this really is a user friendly reel...much easier and smoother than the penn...but then the penn will stand up and be counted when used in the rough.

you can get the abu on e-bay for £50 and an afternoon spent casting in a field and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about

john

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Do you have a rod ringed for multiplyers if not you will need to get one
No he dosen't :bleh::bleh: :laugh:

You can get away with a multiplier of any rod, but fix spools do need larger rings and spacing from reel seat.

Buy a reel with mag breaking and blocks if your starting out and then it becomes very easy.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
a reel with a line level makes life easier when first using a multi, but i know lots frown on them, 'cause they reduce distance (apparently). i think the difference might be minimal unless you are a very good caster. my cheap abu with line level casts further than my slosh20 (without). and getting used to winding with the "wrong" hand is a bit of a pain. get down the field with a weight inside a tennis ball!

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
how about an sl20 mate, i started off on multipliers with them, they are excellent reels and i have never had any trouble with it, they are also great all round reels

·
Registered
578 Posts
Abu CT C3 Mag Elite, has mag cast breaking, also slashdown break ( or what ever its called). I had never used a Multi before, and this thing is ace, only ever had one nest, and that was when my son had been playing with it and taken all the breaks off.

Quickish rewind, extremely fast spool... in all a top reel :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts