World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read Henry Gilbey's post on tackle and his recommendation on the above. He likes the Delalande Inox rolling swivels.

Now, don't laugh, I bought two packs containing six in each pack for a total £12 incl. postage.

Then a quick search on the old flea revealed that you can buy 100 sakuma for...£7.50.

They deserve a plug so here's a link.

100 SAKUMA HOOKED SNAP ROLLING SWIVELS GAME COARSE SEA FISHING TACKLE RIGS LURES | eBay

Point is, is there any difference? Ahem, apart from £4.50.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Ok a little bit of advice. dont use swivels lol, you don't need them. Tie the end of your line or leader to just the clip. :)

oh and lol :laugh:

·
Registered
760 Posts
I read Henry Gilbey's post on tackle and his recommendation on the above. He likes the Delalande Inox rolling swivels.

Now, don't laugh, I bought two packs containing six in each pack for a total £12 incl. postage.

Then a quick search on the old flea revealed that you can buy 100 sakuma for...£7.50.

They deserve a plug so here's a link.

100 SAKUMA HOOKED SNAP ROLLING SWIVELS GAME COARSE SEA FISHING TACKLE RIGS LURES | eBay

Point is, is there any difference? Ahem, apart from £4.50.
I have had those ones come apart on more than one occasion so wouldn't trust them with hard lures, I think they are designed for weights rather than lures. That being said £1 a snap is way way too expensive they aren't anything special. I like the duo lock snap kind brought 200 a year or so ago for a tenner of eBay they should still last me a while.

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok a little bit of advice. dont use swivels lol, you don't need them. Tie the end of your line or leader to just the clip. :)

oh and lol :laugh:
Hi. Do you mean tie the end of the leader straight on to the lure? Isn't the swivel supposed to stop the line twisting?

So you don't bother at all?

cheers

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
you dont get line twist. lol. the lures that twist come with swivels already attached like wedges and spoons. Most hard lures and most sp's never twist. You dont need a swivel. most lure guys on here just use the clips without the swivels. either take off the swivels you got and use the clips or check out some of these....

Decoy V-Snap #1 - Swivels and Clips - Extras : Mr Fish Jersey

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/titan-diamond-snap-2651.html

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/sebile-game-snaps-3397.html

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/breakaway-spinlink-2652.html

line straight to the clip.

·
Registered
760 Posts
yer fair enough do it with bulk tip lights bait fishing. :) how you finding the clips?
I guess I could be like mr gilbey and hark on about how I'm massively impressed with them and they've changed my outlook on clips entirely (if lure clips are going to cost £1 each I'd do away with them entirely and just use a rap ala knot). In all seriousness though they do the job as well as the more expensive ones I used to buy in the uk in that I've not had one fail yet. They cost a lot less and look strangely similar, strength wise a 36lb cod was no problem so I doubt the bass are going to stretch them.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,458 Posts
As has already been said swivels and lure fishing don't really go...
Who needs them.
I would recommend the Delelande clips as they are just so easy to use and also the Owner ones.
For how much they cost get the best you can.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
swivels arnt needed, but as for duo locks buy quality, i know i would be happier to have a £20 lure attached to a £1 clip, than a £20 lure attached to a 1p paper clip....

·
Registered
760 Posts
swivels arnt needed, but as for duo locks buy quality, i know i would be happier to have a £20 lure attached to a £1 clip, than a £20 lure attached to a 1p paper clip....
I reckon they are all made in the same factories in china anyway have heard from several sources they just rebrand them into different packaging once they leave china. There certainly is no difference whatsoever in the strength of the ones I buy and the owners.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,458 Posts
I reckon they are all made in the same factories in china anyway have heard from several sources they just rebrand them into different packaging once they leave china. There certainly is no difference whatsoever in the strength of the ones I buy and the owners.
Must say a while back I got hold of some Owner high end clips and they were more expensive but slightly larger diameter wire than normal.
Lovely quality and the very small sizes were strong due to the wire etc...

·
Registered
175 Posts
if using braid straight through without a clip. what is best knot for braid to lure direct? as i find braid knots and fluoro totally different.

(soz for hijacking the thread) :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts