World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

When buildings rigs can you put a swivel on both top and bottom of the rig or is it just the swivel at the top to main line

just wondering peoples thoughts

Chas

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Hi All

When buildings rigs can you put a swivel on both top and bottom of the rig or is it just the swivel at the top to main line

Chas
:) I have used them both ends, no reason why not. I suppose it's worth the extra expense. :)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
All have there own way of doing it me it's swivel top and Gemini genie rig clip at the bottom depending on what rig I'm making.

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,270 Posts
Hi All

Chas
Hi Chas, You would still need a clip for the lead, if you made it with two swivels. The other advantage say for a flapper rig, is it could be universal and reversed with a snood above the lead or reversed below the lead. Normally clip on bottom swivel on top and for safety 100-150lb B.S.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
I find for multi hook rigs or for rigs with a gripper they twist without a swivel at both ends and I now use a BIG swivel at the top or two smaller ones if I'm out of big uns.

For rough stuff I tend to do away with all swivels but you're using one hook and most of the time the weights gone or a fish is on so twisted rigs aren't such an issue

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Gemini Genie Link Clip on the top and the same on the bottom to take the lead. My swivel goes on the leader , dead easy to unclip the rig when double patting .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for responded guys. I have rig on top and clip on bottom but I like the idea of the devil on the end of the leader and clips on both ends of rig.

Chas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts