World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright lads. I know it's not a catch report, just thought I'd post here to see if you's could help me out.

Do any of you know if the Sylcast mono is basically the same stuff as Blue Marlin mono sold from UK-hooks? I'm after a big spool but UK-hooks have none in stock, I have seen Sylcast mono with what looks like the same stuff just a different label.

Cheers, Clarkey.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sylcast, now that is a blast from my past. I would probably assume it would be as a lot of monofilament gets re-labeled as other brands. Give it a try and you will soon know how it performs, I found Sylcast ideal for rough ground as it is very abrasion resistant and the only down side to this was that it was stiff and springy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sylcast, now that is a blast from my past. I would probably assume it would be as a lot of monofilament gets re-labeled as other brands. Give it a try and you will soon know how it performs, I found Sylcast ideal for rough ground as it is very abrasion resistant and the only down side to this was that it was stiff and springy.
Haha seems to be a line from a while ago, fish rough ground majority of the time, but for the price of it, it will last me a long time.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Haha seems to be a line from a while ago, fish rough ground majority of the time, but for the price of it, it will last me a long time.
I buy bulk now as it just makes economic sense, I have been currently using Suffix supreme in yellow and it's a great line but being so supple and soft is not a good choice for anything but clean sandy shores as it is easily abraded and then we all know the results thereafter.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I buy bulk now as it just makes economic sense, I have been currently using Suffix supreme in yellow and it's a great line but being so supple and soft is not a good choice for anything but clean sandy shores as it is easily abraded and then we all know the results thereafter.
I use suffix tritanium in higher breaking strain as my mainline, I'm going to buy a spool of this sylcast in 60 or 70lb for my rig bodies. I see alot of people using the blue marlin and say it's great, suits me being cheaper aswell.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I use suffix tritanium in higher breaking strain as my mainline, I'm going to buy a spool of this sylcast in 60 or 70lb for my rig bodies. I see alot of people using the blue marlin and say it's great, suits me being cheaper aswell.
Report back how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts