World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right im moving to wales next month for uni and have recently acquired a century carbon metal 13'6 and an abu 6500 mag elite. I plan to team this up with 18lb line, does this sound wise/okay as a universal setup for west wales (carmarthenshire) when fishing places around tenby, cefn sidan and pendine?

I'll only be targetting simple species on a "whatever comes along basis"

cheers

Thom

·
Team Rig Maker
19,827 Posts
Right im moving to wales next month for uni and have recently acquired a century carbon metal 13'6 and an abu 6500 mag elite. I plan to team this up with 18lb line, does this sound wise/okay as a universal setup for west wales (carmarthenshire) when fishing places around tenby, cefn sidan and pendine?

cheers

Thom
thats fine i normally use 15/18 around here

·
Registered
14,766 Posts

cheers

Thom
Not sure about the Tenby area but in my opinion far to much rod and too heavy line for the likes of the Cefn Sidan and Pendine. You can use it of course but you won't get the enjoyment of using it on clean sand beaches where Bass and even Carp rods cope very well with most conditions .

·
Registered
14,766 Posts
I admit its no bass rod but I don't have the option of multiple rods unfrotunately. Hopefully the setup will allow me to tackle a little of anything however.
It will certainly do that .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.