World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a better way of carrying all my bits and bobs to where I fish. As usual I take more options than I ever use, but you never know what you may need - so I take lots.

At the moment I use a very large rucksack, with individual little boxes for all the bits and bobs. The problem with the method is that I usually need to empty the thing to get stuff from the bottom.

I fish rock marks usually, so I need something that can go on my back.

What do you others use?

What would you recommend?

The usual stuff I take is - 2 multipliers, 1 fixed spool, leads, rigs, lures, bait, usual assortment of beads, hooks, line(s) and swivels, food, flask, camera.

·
Registered
205 Posts
do you know any paramedics ?
the back packs they use are excellent.
they open in half and there are loads of compartments in there.
not that i have one 'cough cough' but all my gear fits in there , i mean it would fit if i had one :D
theres even a place for your flask.
theres a big pocket on the outside that you can put your food and bait and some lightweight wet gear.
i carry everything i need in mine, i mean i would if i had one...
2 multi's
2 fixed spools
box of weights
large rig wallet
and loads more
and they all got their own compartment

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
is that the medics bag that you make me carry for you bell, cough cough?""""""""""""""""""""""""i mean if you had one"""""""""""""""""? ofcourse mmmmmmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Lewisteh,

This may sound stupid but do sit down when you are rock fishing if u like to sit down then one of those rucksack/seat combi's are a pretty good bet (have one myself) they are alot more comfortable than humping a tackle box over the rocks?

Woodster

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice of your paramedic friend to let you borrow his bag for a while to put all your fishing gear in it just for a photo. Bet you wish you had one Bell.

Hope Poacher desn't hurt his back, carrying that bag you don't have - cause it looks like there is no room left for medical gear in it. If you had one that is.

Any Paramedics out there with a spare back pack???????????? :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
I take most of my stuff in my Team box. Weight isn't a problem. well the wife hasn't complained so far. I'm sure she would say something if it was too heavy for her. :D :D :D

Fred

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Get her a conversion kit for Xmas Fred, but dont give her the padding for the straps.
Don`t want to spoil her mate :)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I carry every thing in my box ,-

3 multis, 1 fixed spool, head lamp and battery pack, flask 2 large bit boxes every lead i own(20 or so), 2 filleting knives, multitool,rag, wooly cap wooly gloves, foil survival blanket, various plugs and lures,rig wallet, 4 different size boxes of hooks, an assortment of different B.S Mono (about 6 spools in all),tape measure,cutting board,carrier bags, tape,opainkillers, asthma pump plus probrably a lot more i forgot about.

It is a small tackle box with wood and aluminium frame and plastic sides, and a nice soft padded seat on top.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
RadioKaos said:
I carry every thing in my box ,-

3 multis, 1 fixed spool, head lamp and battery pack, flask 2 large bit boxes every lead i own(20 or so), 2 filleting knives, multitool,rag, wooly cap wooly gloves, foil survival blanket, various plugs and lures,rig wallet, 4 different size boxes of hooks, an assortment of different B.S Mono (about 6 spools in all),tape measure,cutting board,carrier bags, tape,opainkillers, asthma pump plus probrably a lot more i forgot about.

It is a small tackle box with wood and aluminium frame and plastic sides, and a nice soft padded seat on top.:rolleyes:

Is that petrol or diesel powered? :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
For the last few years I had been using one of the Titan rucksacks for all of my rock fishing - but it had lived a hard life, and was starting to get more and more holes. It also had developed an interesting aroma.

Anyway, I have just splashed out on a new Mustad rucksack, and I am well impressed. It has 1 main compartment plus 5 good sized external pockets (including one thats hold a flask with no problem). There is another flap in the lid, and external straps that I would guess you could use to hold clothing. Nicely padded shoulder straps and back make it comfortable to carry, and a solid bottom means that everything stays pretty much in place.

It probably has double the capacity of the Titan (not sure if that is a good thing or not as it encourages you to carry more)

As for contents ... The maing compartment holds one rig wallet for rigs, another for lures, 2 or 3 reels in reel bags, a tub of weights and a small plano box with compartments for the 101 little nick nacks that just can't be left at home. Finally, a small cool bag (containing the bait, knife, scissors, disgorger and cloth) is easily absorbed into the cavernous interior, leaving plenty of room to spare for the headlamp once winter arrives. The outer pockets hold spare leader and hook lenght line, scales, camera, flask and choccy bar.
And not a paramedic in sight.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I bought a Cypry Carp bag thing for about £20. It has loads of useable pockets and compartments of varying sizes and enough large area storage for clothing, lamps etc. I have a few boxes for bits in there as well. Everything is accessible and it allows for a quick pack-up if necessary. I can easily get enough kit in there for 6 rods.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Manx Fisher said:
Anyway, I have just splashed out on a new Mustad rucksack, .

Hi Manx,
I bought one of the mustad rucksacks. Don't be tempted to carry too much gear because I ripped the bottom clean out of mine and so did a mate who bought one. If you look at where the strap meets the main body, you will see a small triangular shaped web. The web is only stitched in once to the bottom and side panels and it rips out dead easy. In the end I opted for a shakespear team box and a breakaway conversion kit. Really comfy and you can sit on it aswell.

Barry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts