World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am away on my travels in a week or so, starting in Thailand. And seeing as I haven't been away for a few years and am traveling alone I suspect a bit of fishing is on the cards!!

My question is, i know there are quite a few tackle shops in Bangkok but I was wondering what prices might be like out there as compared to buying here and taking it with me? I have tried searching but can seem to find much info! :g:

I already have a "light" Shimano travel spinning rod to take and a few other bits and pieces whipped from my tackle box but would be mostly hoping to fish light beach and rock type stuff....

Also it might be worth bearing in mind I am traveling on a serious budget (read as mostly backpacking!) so no big boat stuff this time round!

Anyway, Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am away on my travels in a week or so, starting in Thailand. And seeing as I haven't been away for a few years and am traveling alone I suspect a bit of fishing is on the cards!!

My question is, i know there are quite a few tackle shops in Bangkok but I was wondering what prices might be like out there as compared to buying here and taking it with me? I have tried searching but can seem to find much info! :g:

I already have a "light" Shimano travel spinning rod to take and a few other bits and pieces whipped from my tackle box but would be mostly hoping to fish light beach and rock type stuff....

Also it might be worth bearing in mind I am traveling on a serious budget (read as mostly backpacking!) so no big boat stuff this time round!

Anyway, Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers,

Craig
I did a similar thing when the family holidayed in Phuket earlier in the year. There are tackle shops, but the range of gear was limited and I thought the prices were quite high. I ended up buying a few sets of Hokkai-like feathers just to justify the text fare!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a similar thing when the family holidayed in Phuket earlier in the year. There are tackle shops, but the range of gear was limited and I thought the prices were quite high. I ended up buying a few sets of Hokkai-like feathers just to justify the text fare!
Thanks for the info HarriesDGH,

I'll be taking most of what I need in that case but hopefully the Bangkok shops will be ok! I'll let you know how i get on!!

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
420 Posts
For future reference Bangkok tackle is dirt cheap and you can get some really nice high end stuff if you try lots of shops. The very high end stuff is about the same as what you'd pay anywhere but it's usually not available in the UK. i.e. heavy saltwater gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.